Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

12081 - 12100 of 12501 Posts

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
You can try The Little Garage, I've used them a lot over the last few years for engine replacement, though they may be a bit far away for ya...

Salt Lake City Auto Repair Salt Lake City UT, Engine Repair Shop, Auto Body Service, Engine Repair Service

not much further than you are.... right on highland and 33rd
Lemon laws.....useful on new cars.

Holy crap, what is it that's making $400 a month on repairs? I thought I was bad.

1G's huh? not gonna lie, I want to find a non turbo in good condition (or decent at least) and just slam the hell out of it just because.

edit: btw, do they just happen to have a really good line on engines or do you mean to replace it? We use South Bountiful for most of ours.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Dunno where they'd source the engine if they're looking for used, though South Bountiful is popular for us too!

Give them a call, see what they say. Talk to Ryan. Tell him Ryan from 3rd Ave Car Clinic referred ya.

Highland?? I though you lived in Utah County for some reason?? Yet it says Murray under your name...??

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
You actually looked up Lemon laws?? You bought a used car that you knew had a re-built motor, along with who knows what else re-built by Josh or someone else? Were you to even attempt to claim a lemon law you would likely be laughed at. What would you do, demand that Josh take his car back and give you a refund!? :lol: You bought it from an individual, not a dealer, do lemon laws even apply??

Sorry to go off, but this isn't the first time you've implied that Josh knowingly sold you a piece of [shizzle]. It was a $700 car. Expect problems. Josh is a damn decent guy. He sold it to you for what it was worth, likely less than he was into it, he didn't decieve you in any way.
:
Just to back up josh since he's not on often, he sold me a rebuilt motor for 100 buck, a screaming deal for a kl period, let alone a fresh rebuild, can't remember the mileage he said it had, but it wasn't much. So far it's proven to be a screamer, and a fire-breather at that...

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
well what a lovely bunch of people we are here......

Mark is debating on selling his Miata (87sts) and I'm debating buying it. I want Miata.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I want a g35... I think Ryan took what I said out of perspective but if that is how he wants to view it so be it. I said nothing about josh just that the car keeps breaking and Im done with fixing it once I get it back up to the point where I will not feel bad about selling it to someone.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
lol my car is certainly not in that condition... meaning I'll probably sell off/scrap the rest of the focus v8 crap because I don't think I'll have time for it. BUT who knows. Really want a miata lol.

edit: For that matter, has anyone seen his Miata up close? I still haven't yet. Anyone got pics of it?

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
I want a g35... I think Ryan took what I said out of perspective but if that is how he wants to view it so be it. I said nothing about josh just that the car keeps breaking and Im done with fixing it once I get it back up to the point where I will not feel bad about selling it to someone.
Dude...

just seems like this car has been bad from the time I bought it. Looked up lemon laws and it has far surpassed any states requirements for that.
I came off pretty strong, no doubt. But sounds like if it hadn't been so long you'd be asking to return the car. Comes across as a dick-ish maneuver, and it's not the first time you've expressed dissatisfaction with Josh selling you the car, and everybody told you it was a $700 car...expect problems. No prejudice, just reading the cars as they lie. :)

Let me know when you want to sell it. If the price is right I'd be happy to take it off your hands or help get it sold. Seems I've always got someone asking about cars for sale.

In other news my newly acquired white PGT is definitely a blown motor. Also has a bad left wheel bearing and right ball joint. Tires are awesome, new rear calipers, interior is 7/10 and has the cool factory equalizer and subwoofer. Would like to make it a runner, but fixing the blue probe is probably as much time and money at this point...and I'm not sure that a PGT is the best for Mom as it's a little more difficult to get in and out of than a sedan...

That $350 Red MX6 definitely has potential, though I've never dealt with a tax lien on a title...could make it difficult to dispose of the chassis after it's torn down as recyclers require a title...Still, I've got a few other MX6's with clean titles, not being driven...heh heh heh....

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I still retain the fact that blue striped one at tear a part was a non sunroofed gt...

I'll ask again as it got lost... anyone have any pics of marks miata? he only has two and I want to see it better. would end up with an awesome deal on it. wonder if it would be more or less on insurance

·
Registered
427 Posts
I don't know about marks miata. Ive probably seen it if he had it out at one of the events this year that I got to. I got to hear my car run again today, but it still has some problem. It stopped blowing fuses (f/p 30a fuse under the hood) and now when I jump the f/p in the diag box it will run for a lil and I got it to run for long enough to pick up a code 3... :/

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I've now realized its the opposite of the car I need.

I'm really into the Subaru Forester now. HAS to be a manual though. That's one I wouldn't own as an auto.

Problem is I'd like to stay around a 5-6k budget.

I know Ryan knows Subaru well, what of the first and second Gen Foresters do you know? I know to stay away from the DOHC (only in a 98 anyway then went back to sohc) and there is trouble with the head gaskets (obviously no big deal for me)

otherwise the few out there for 3k have well over 150k + miles. some over 200k. that's why I upped the budget a bit.

Also unless I have an actual record in my hand of the work done, I will change the timing kit and water pump.

12081 - 12100 of 12501 Posts