Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

121 - 140 of 12501 Posts

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Yeah, just you wait ti'l it's dry...as long as the road is straight I'll be juuust fine :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
Yea, we all know Ryan can't turn, lol.
The meet was great. Like I said on the other forum, I hope that our turnout at the track this spring will bring that kind of reaction.

Nick

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Seista, the A/C compressor is most likely good. There is a saftey switch that will not allow the compressor clutch to engage if the freon level is low. You may need a recharge, or you could have a leak. You can run down to Autozone and get a presurized bottle to add some freon. The cans are cheap, like $5.00, make sure you get the one with die in it! The adapter to fill it with the correct pressure is about $20.00. I can get one if you need help with it. Otherwise, if you want it done right, take it to a shop. They will hook a machine up to it and check to see if it will hold a vacuum. Then they can evacuate and recharge the entire system... It's expensive. At least $50.00, up to $200.00 if repairs are needed! Ah.. the price of AC. Try to put a can of died freon in it first. See if the compressor kicks on. Then if it leaks, you can find the leak with UV light.

Ryan, sorry, I was out of town for business last week till Saturday around noon. I didn't check the internet, had to much stuff to catch up on. Sorry about missing the meet, that sucks ass!!

Kitty... now I remember you! All you had to say was kitty! MissMouse, why do you guys have to have diffrent names... making it hard on me. My memory sucks as it is. When are you going to stop by and show me your racer?? I'll be out front today after work cleaning up the flower beds.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
How many people turned out at the Pie? I herd from Kameron... He's still got his probe, and a Talon!! Turbo version. :) Watch out Ryan.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Hey, you live in Sandy...what color car do you drive? I live just off 1300E and about 9600 S... and I've seen a few 2nd Gen 6's around lately.

The next Pie? Well I'm down to hang out any old time. We've got a potential day at Wendover Track, Sunday March 13th if interested :)

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Bridget, I think I saw your car today. After noonish, in midvale/ Sandy area. Driving south on 3rd west... 5th west. I'm not sure what street it was. I was in the Tahoe otherwise I would have chased you down! Red MX-6 with a tire rack sticker on the front windsheild. I'm hopeing your going to change your mind about selling it...

Meet time. Someone post a time and place!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Oh, yeah, I finally got the short throw shifter and rear strut tower brace in. Nice... Nice... now I need some readline MTL for my tranny. Ryan, you still selling that stuff? I guess MT-90 would work as well.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Yeah buddy, I can hook you up ;)

How much of a difference with the RSTB? Big, little?

And nice to see you got the STS in...what was the culprit?

And don't worry Bill...It will go to the hands of someone very deserving who will take only the best care of it and continue it's racing history :D

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
66 Posts
there's a good condition looking green v6 for sale in Provo, 3300 OBO, it looked 95ish. made me pretty jealous after dropping 4k for my 96 needing work. if anybody is interested I'll get the number, but since only Ryan is biting at Bridgette's car (I'm a bit wary of just calling it "kitty" now...) I'm probably the only one interested. I was even jealous of the 'nifty' front license plate holder, very clean looking car.

·
I knows sumpthin
8,277 Posts
Tell e'm I'll give e'm $900 cash...buying Kitty I can still afford it! :lol:

Laters
Ryan

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Mmm. No kitty hu... I guess she's moved on to the miata club!
I'd much rather have my M edition than a 95 LS. Besides. 95's didn't have factory keyless entry...

·
Registered
582 Posts
PARTY!!!! Lets have one. I say April 9th at a location that is yet to be disclosed. I will contact a few people about where it will be held (Ryan or Bills house), and will let everyone know the details.

Nick

·
Registered
66 Posts
your M edition has keyless? DAMage.. I can't even open my trunk WITH a key, somehow it's messed up and I have to use the latch by the driver's seat. Do you think all M's had keyless or it was just an option? hmm.. maybe I should talk to a dealer. I was thinking of just putting in an Ungo alarm anyway.
I really like the rims on my m edition, last night I had this nervous dream where I'd jacked up one of them and wasn't able to replace it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sestais said:
your M edition has keyless? DAMage.. I can't even open my trunk WITH a key, somehow it's messed up and I have to use the latch by the driver's seat.
If your key won't open the trunk you are using the Valet key. I found that out when I went to have new keys made for Kitty. (I couldn't open my trunk either) Go to a good locksmith and have him make you a key for the trunk, it will work on all the locks.

Sorry I haven't been around, I've been busy.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
All M's came with keyless entry. They came with all the options of an LS standard. Keyless was an option in 96.
Under the rear speaker deck between the two rear speakers there will be a little black box. You can see it from the trunk if you stick you head in the trunk and look up.
The remotes are close to $40.00 form the dealer....
As far as your key not working. The factory keys has black around the but end of the key on the standard key, and the valet key was jsut plan silver. Both had Mazda emblems on them. It is possible you have a valet key. You can tell by looking at them. The valet key is smaller on the last tooth of the key. The factory key that works in the trunk will flare out a little more.
It is also a possiblity that the lock is F#ck'd up. It could be all rusted up inside from the road salt and crap. spray it with some WD40, let it set a few minutes, then jam the key in and out slowly like your screwing it... :D Once you get it to go in all the way, try turning it very easy so you don't break the key off. kinf of jiggle it back and forth, firm, but soft... Wow, I better stop there. This is sounding like sex ED.
Let me know if you want help with your car. I want to see your M edition! They are few and far between!Give me a jingle when you want to meet up. 801-955-3096

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
So Bridget, whas that you I saw in Midvale the other day? MOnday or Tuesday....

·
Registered
36 Posts
wpendl1 said:
So Bridget, whas that you I saw in Midvale the other day? MOnday or Tuesday....
I work in Sandy, but I commute through Midvale occasionally (just to relieve the boredom of the regular commute) ...So it might have been. :)

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Where in Sandy do you work? Glad to see you haven't sold the mx-6 yet.

121 - 140 of 12501 Posts