Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
More than a month ago I bought myself a Mazda at an auction, and immediately there was a problem, I am in Michigan, and the car is in Utah. So this month I have already phoned several companies for the delivery of cars and something constantly happened, then they asked for fabulous money, then the driver refused at the last moment, then they simply do not work with in the territory of Utah.
In general, I will be glad if someone gives practical advice. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's a common problem. As I understand it, most shippers just post to a board, and any hauler may pick it up. Shippers who lowball the price are more likely to get flakey haulers who back out. So it's hard to guarantee what your experience will be.

But FWIW, I used to live in Utah, and 2 years ago I had an older truck shipped from CA to UT. The dealer recommended United Road Services. They used them a lot for internet sales. (Looks like the hauler is based in Michigan, interestingly enough.) We told the dealer to just make it happen, and it was shockingly easy, and reasonable price. The shipper even brought the whole trailer into our subdivision, and dropped it off to my wife (I was at work).

I dug back through my credit card statement, and there's this:
UNITED ROAD SERVICES 734-947-7900 MI 020301

Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh, I also faced this problem about six months ago. My wife and I moved to another state. We have two cars in our family, but my wife does not know how to drive. In general, in order not to drive a few times, we decided to hire a driver. And we did not lose, he turned out to be a cool dude. We drove along without incident, although my other half was very worried. In short, if I was looking for something through this site and I advise everyone.
get carrier

1 - 3 of 3 Posts