Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys & Girls,

Hope you are doing good ... :)

Flew in to Chicago on Monday April 22nd and was met by my friends Johanna & Jolee at O'Hare airport.

During that week went to some blues & jazz clubs (always wanted to do).

Saturday morning we left the Windy City circa 9.30a.m and we shared the 1400 mile drive through the day and night to Albuquerque, New Mexico where my two friends live.

Arrived almost exactly 24 hours later very shattered but excluding the 5 hour odd stops for gas & food, we averaged 71 mph !!!

Sunday we slept from 4.00pm to 8.00am Monday ... :confused:

Johanna runs a 5.4 lite V8 2003 Chevvy Suburban that can seat 8+ people.

God knows what mpg we did but she will work that out later .... :lol:

Yesterday bought an OE Cambelt Tensioner for my Mazda MX-6 at the local Mazda dealer and paid US$208.54 plus $14.60 Tax = $223.14. This is around 148 quid and is cheaper than in the UK.

I last bought one here in 2007 and paid US$189.55 plus $10.43 Tax = $199.98, so they have not gone up much.

Had a long chat with them and they say that since Ford now only own a very small % of Mazda and all the chassis/platforms, engines etc are all Mazda now, they are even more reliable and warranty work is virtually non- existent.

Keep well everyone ... :)

PS. Already seen two MX-6's ... :cool:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Morning everyone,

We worked out the mpg for our trip from Chicago to Albuquerque.

The highest we averaged was 17.71 mpg and the lowest 14.25 mpg ( when Jolee was booting it at 75/80 mph on the Interstate at the end of our journey heading into Albuquerque !!!)

Overall it was 16.12 mpg !!!! :eek:

Just as well fuel is a third of the price over here ... :cool:

I keep telling my friends here, how lucky they are in this respect despite their moaning about gas going up ... :roll:

Johanna normally drives her 2012 Ford Focus which achieves far better gas mileage = 37 mpg but all our luggage plus us would never have got into it .... :lol:

Also the ride and big engine smoothness of the Suburban is far superior... :D

Last year when I was here I spotted a single Fiat 500 plus the usual masses of BMW Minis. This year sales of the Fiat 500 have really taken off so Americans really appreciate the greater economy of these small cars.

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
Hi Paula
Have a great time. Post some pics please! :)
Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts