Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You're thoughts please! I'm heavily considering buying the UST2100 to power my 12" Infinity Kappa. Specs on the amp are 300 watts rms! Sounds really good for the money. What can you tell me about these amps in general. Anything please.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I remeber two different US Acoustics amps were tested in issues of Car Sound a while back. Everything in the tests was pretty good except for damping factor. That number was super low in both amp tests. Damping factor is especially important when driving subs. That's unfortunate because US Acoustics has some nice high powered amps for very reasonable prices.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The damping factor is the amps ability to control the speakers movement. Without enough dampinng factor bass becomes sloppy/muddy. It's especially important to have a high number when driving multiple speakers. I'm not sure how high the number should be. Greg S can probably give more technical info on this.

·
Registered
118 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i own two US Acoustics amps, the UST2150 for my subs and the USX4065 for my highs. i'm happy with them, but you can get better for a little more money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts