Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I want to change my user name. I can never remember it and now I have some licence plates that I want to be my name. how can I change it?

Thanks peoples!

Rhys.,.
51EAK

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
You will have to create a new user account to change your name. Click the Log Out link on the main page then click register to create your new account.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I couldnt do it cause I have the same Email address as someone already registered (me!).

How can I change my name???

Rhys

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
hmm didnt think of that...
You can always change your email address to something bogus then log out and reregister but I think I should make an easier way to do this.
The problem is that we have been getting over 50 requests per week to change usernames. While it doesnt take us very long to do it, 50 a week is too much. And as the site growsn the requests will grow in number too.
So we are asking that members reregister to change thier username, but I think we can modify the system to allow members to change it themselves.

I will go ahead and change yours for you and start working on a hack that will let you change it yourself.

BTW what do you want your username changed to?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would like my user name to be Sleak_MX6.

Thanks for all of your time with this problem.

Rhys.,.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
it is done.... :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
but I think we can modify the system to allow members to change it themselves.
I was thinking of suggesting something like that but then i thought that it can pose a problem to moderators and administrators keeping track of a trouble maker for example.

just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
That is excatly why the feature doesnt exist. I looked into doing this and it will be quite difficult. Still Ill keep playing with it and see if this can be done.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just want to thank Scooby and Zero-R for helping me get registered. Without you guys I wouldn't be able to what I'm doing now :D Peace.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
That's what im here for...glad to help....:)

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Hi
The ford probe UK forum has a setting for Display name.

Your user name and password is always the same but you can change what your display name is.

Dont know why I'm telling you this as it is different software.

Just thought it might be of interest.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Thats a great idea. The software we use is very flexible. I can implement the display name quite easily. It will be a bit time consuming but very possible. I will begin soon. Thanks

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
why dont you only take requests from those with 600+ posts, etc...?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Stage good start on an idea. I think active, donating members should have an option included which allows a more advanced mode for editing personal perferences.

Scooby, Optima, you guys OK with the coding for the site? I dont know about your knowledge in these things, and I read this post talkign about modifying the system where you can edit the usernames as stored in the database, the the idea of "aliases" to be used that mask the actual name (alphanumeric userID) that the user is referenced by when sending the auto-emails, PMs, etc.

If you wish to have a little help i woudlnt mind helping out. I'm a programmer and woudlnt mind looking over your current system if you didnt mind. VBulletin is defenately a flexible system indeed, and I think the username/registered name conflict can be resolved. I'd like to get rid of my "001" deal myself and it makes me upset cause the guy who has the MX6Racer name has never even made ONE post to this site............

1 - 14 of 14 Posts