Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm gettin mine the old fashioned way...my Dad's given me his. It's an 89, 90, or 91, don't remember which year for sure.
There are several issues, it's using oil, it has what he described as "upper drive train noise", and the ac don't work.

The engine noise from what I have read can possibly be oil gunk build up in the rockers and MMO could take care of that. Maybe?

I don't know if it's leaking or burning oil. If it is a leak then it could be a gasket? If it is burning it what then? Rebuild or buy?

AC is another whole animal in it's self. Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Before you just dump in the Marvel mystery oil try and flush the engine first. Get an engine flush from your local autoparts store and run it through the crankcase for about 10-15 min before you change the oil. That'll usually loosen up a lot of the stuff clogging up the hydraulic lifters. Then use the marvel mystery oil in your oil change.

Also...an even cheaper route is to go to a chrylser/dodge dealership and get of can of mopar combustion chamber cleaner. It works well inside the engine...make sure you change the spark plugs soon after doing that though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never assume anything or dump anything in my car...no matter how old and beat up....thanks for the tip abot the mopar product though....The first thing I always do when buying a used vehicle is change the oil, plugs and wires to see what kind of care has been taken of the vehicle, no matter who owned it before me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts