Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, somebody asked about putting a v8 in a MX6, first question, WHY? But then, I gots to thinkin'... Anybody ever wondered about who sources the tranny that Ford uses in the Taurus SHO? Wonder if it's remotely similar to the one in the MX6, 626, considering they share some very rudimentary chassis similarities with the taurus. If you could squeeze a V8 SHO and tranny into a MX6, that would be SWEET. As a former fiero owner, I can tell you, people will put big V8s (like 454s) into ANYTHING.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I saw some guy's web site, and he crammed a ford 302 in a second gen RX-7. he had to mount the engine mounts lower and still had to cut a hole in the hood to get the air cleaner through. anyway, I was thinking about mating a MX-6 V-6 to an RX-7 transmission and converting my MX to RWD. it would be really tought, I know, but anything is possible.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
if you have the money to convert the car you have the money for an RX7... so just go buy one!

·
Registered
100 Posts
yeah, but think about it, I'd be the only one with a RWD MX-6. plus I like MX-6s more, at least the looks.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
no you wouldn't be... some guy has one in the carribean i think... it's no way near stock though.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
smart thing would be awd

The ideal thing would be an awd setup, or even better, one with a variable torque split like Ford is using on the new Jag Xtype. It's a duratec 3.0 transverse with an awd setup, but it's biased to the rear to act like a Rwd. Somehow, I forsee durability being a problem. On another tangent, does anybody remember back when GM was going to offer the first FWD Buick Regal with RWD (!!!) as an OPTION? They actually placed a couple of magazine ads that said something like "and coming soon, RWD"... anyhow, back to MX6s.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
well, you know what I mean. I'd be one in a million.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts