Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy all,

I need a vacuum hose routing diagram for the (626 '88-92)FE DOHC nonturbo version.
the story:

I had tried to start my engine for 6 mounths till yesterdíy when I finally succeed.(not completely 6 month cause I stopped it for the winter) but i have a problem again when i start the engine it doesn't start, i have to push the gas/accelerator pedal , to do that, the rpm goes up (i step aside the gas) than it stops, if i push the gas continuously the engine goes on but just in that case i 'm on the accelerator pedal.

I don't know what the problem is, may be i messed up the vacuum hoses.
this is the reason why I need the diagram ( I tried look for it bat I didn't find it)
If somebody has the diagram or know how to solve my porblem please help me.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Uh, actually we would need to know if it's cat or non-cat, non-turbo goes without saying ;) Non-cat is very straightforward (well the PRC bit is a tricky one) but catted with EGR and vapor recovery system is much more complicated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Uh, actually we would need to know if it's cat or non-cat, non-turbo goes without saying ;) Non-cat is very straightforward (well the PRC bit is a tricky one) but catted with EGR and vapor recovery system is much more complicated.
It's a good question
how can I identify the system? I haven't seen many FE3 just mine so i can't comper to another engine
(i don't have exoust system under the car, i want to chanage my 1.8 carb' (that has) with FE3. Just to be clear i have two mazda)

what is the different betwean the two systems? can i change the cat version to non cat?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
It's a good question
how can I identify the system? I haven't seen many FE3 just mine so i can't comper to another engine
(i don't have exoust system under the car, i want to chanage my 1.8 carb' (that has) with FE3. Just to be clear i have two mazda)

what is the different betwean the two systems? can i change the cat version to non cat?
The quickest way to identify unleaded model is by the throttle body. EGR system has three vacuum lines running from top of the body, while non-leaded fuel model has no lines there. Also unleaded model has a throttle position sensor, while the other doesnt. Finally, cams on the unleaded model are FE3N, and FE5A on leaded. (If we are talking about the euro version)

Changing fro unleaded to leaded depens on definition. To get most of the same performance, you'll only need to replace the cams, pistons, exhaust manifold and downpipe (use aftermarket cat with an O2 sensor bung). For exact specification however you'd need to change throttle body, exhaust manifold, downpipe, pistons, camshafts, MAF sensor, install a knock sensor, ECU and engine harness from the leaded fuel model. However, leaded or unleaded, it's a good engine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
The quickest way to identify unleaded model is by the throttle body. EGR system has three vacuum lines running from top of the body, while non-leaded fuel model has no lines there. Also unleaded model has a throttle position sensor, while the other doesnt. Finally, cams on the unleaded model are FE3N, and FE5A on leaded. (If we are talking about the euro version)

Changing fro unleaded to leaded depens on definition. To get most of the same performance, you'll only need to replace the cams, pistons, exhaust manifold and downpipe (use aftermarket cat with an O2 sensor bung). For exact specification however you'd need to change throttle body, exhaust manifold, downpipe, pistons, camshafts, MAF sensor, install a knock sensor, ECU and engine harness from the leaded fuel model. However, leaded or unleaded, it's a good engine.
I think I got leaded cause it has three vacuum lines.
http://img.carstyling.hu/usercars/00/05/21/81/52181_1223480597.jpg
but the cams got FE3N wiritten on them if i remember correctly.
http://img.carstyling.hu/usercars/00/05/21/81/52181_1223493904.jpg

so does it mean this is a cat version??
and if this is where can a I get a vacuum lines diagram from?

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Oops, braino, my bad... LEADED has no lines there, so you have the unleaded version. FE3N cams would be consistent with that. The head part number doesn't vary, it's always the same.

I'll try and see if I can collect useful vacuum line drawings, at least in my WSM there's no one drawing with all the lines presented, only system by system.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oops, braino, my bad... LEADED has no lines there, so you have the unleaded version. FE3N cams would be consistent with that. The head part number doesn't vary, it's always the same.

I'll try and see if I can collect useful vacuum line drawings, at least in my WSM there's no one drawing with all the lines presented, only system by system.
no worrys. Anyway I find the problem i didn't put gasket (seal) behind the throttle body. Today I solved the problem. and it runs perfectly after 1.5 yaers break

thank you for helping me
if you find something (and of cours it doesn't cause much problem) I still would welcome the diagram, just check my vacuum lines connetcions

the next problem I have to solve is the gearbox. I can switch 1,2,3,4,5 but
i can't put the stick in reverse gear.

Thanks again !!!

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
No no no, thread deletion after the matter has been resolved is a poor policy. This is a community of hundreds of people. Some might have similar problems later, and in all, adding to the collective knowledge is a good thing.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No no no, thread deletion after the matter has been resolved is a poor policy. This is a community of hundreds of people. Some might have similar problems later, and in all, adding to the collective knowledge is a good thing.
you are right!! just i thought, nobody answered but you, maybe it is not too interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
well true, this thread never got the diagram, so that the thread title wasn't a red herring:

(Sorry I found it after you had the issue resolved....)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well true, this thread never got the diagram, so that the thread title wasn't a red herring:

(Sorry I found it after you had the issue resolved....)
that is cool!! i will save it, it will be usefull if i will put the engine apart again ( i hope i dont have to)
now this thread has a purpose to exist :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts