Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
you may wanna copy and paste the article cuz the link is CGI and does not change no matter what page you visit on the website.

·
Registered
9,228 Posts
Some people get better results then others with the VAF adjustment. I have tried with 440's and using the VAF and it just ran rich as hell. It would barley rev let alone go to redline.

I also tried running more boost, when boost kicked in it did lean out some but still ran VERY rich. Nothin but black smoke till boost kicked in
Heres a pic:D This is 16psi (I think) with the VAF leaned all the way out (440's and Walbro 255 pump)

Im thinkin its the 255lph pump, that is a lot of fuel??

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It probably was a combo of both. I've heard lots of people saying the 255lph is overkill and they tend to run rich with it. The 440's probably just made it worse.

Anyone else running 440's with the VAF mod?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I ran the 440's in my car with the T-bird and no chip. I had the VAF hacked like in alter ego's sight. I leaned it out with the adjuster shown in your link. It ran very rich at idle. It boosted very well though. I ran about 12-15 PSI on the street and 16 and up at the track. You should be able to control it OK with your FMU. My regulator helped out a lot when I finally got it hooked up correctly. Good luck.

Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts