Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of making an offer on a "natural" NSW plate.

"MX SIX"

What the hell do I offer? or am I compelled to buy the vehicle too?

BTW. On the car its $18500 (93 Gen 2 with 100000K)

Or I take a punt, buy the car and flog it later.

Its probably $1500 overpriced I would think.

Value of plate perhaps $1500?

4WSB

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
I got my plate second hand from my local Mazda yard. Apparently they traded in a first gen mx6 with the plates on it.
I was quite lucky, how it came about was I went down to the dmv and asked after a few different plates and said "I don’t think you will have it but I have to ask MX6" and the little guy put it in his computer and he said that they haven't been on a car for 3 years and where being held...He wasn’t supposed to, but he told me how had them {Park land Mazda} so I went to see them and they said that funnily enough they where just disguising what to do with them at there last meeting, seen as there wasn’t going to be any more MX6s in OZ they didn’t need them {they used to put them on there display Mex}
Any way getting to the point he reckoned that they could sell them for $1500-$2000....I said no chance ! And offered him $1000 and he said, "It'll save us advertising them ... O.K.”. But I still had to pay stampduty on the things and that cost me another couple of hundred bucks. I also had them remade in the smaller size that cos about $60.
So $1500 sounds about right, but don’t forget about the stamp duty!
PK

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot P.K. I had forgotten your unique number.

I'll try him at a grand and see how we go.

Thanks again.

Steve (4WSB)

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's thinking about it @ $1500. He says he paid $2000 which I can believe.

He has the car pitched at $20000 (Red, 93, MTX, 100K) which I reckon is $2500 over the odds, mind you it sounds like a very clean one, garaged and serviced by Mazda etc.

Anyone looking?.

At say $17500 I'll buy the whole lot and pass the car on - less the plates!!

4WSB

·
Registered
621 Posts
I'm not sure of the situation in NSW, but in VIC you can own plates independently of the car.. I've got a bunch I'm about to buy for the RX-8 - and just hold on to them until I'm ready to sell or install (eg RIX RX8)

I'd avoid buying and then selling the car - a lot of hassle (including stamp duty etc etc) and then finding a buyer. Why don't you offer the guy money for the plates and provide replacement plates (ie your SJB series) for him.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ric.

Yes, I have offered him$1500 which he's considering.

I was semi serious about the car. Just if someone was looking I could secure it as it sounds like a nice clean one.

Funny, I was just talking to Angela about buying plate RX8 here!!
or RXATE or RECS8 or RXSATE and so on!!!
Steve

PS I will store SJB00A with the RTA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts