It is very easy and straightforward. Not much to remove (except the cover itself...). I got a rubber gasket at the local parts store. I don't remember the price, but it is much better and easier than cork ones. Actually I don't even know if they offer a cork one; I just asked for rubber. No gasket sealant with it, just remove the old one, wipe off the surfaces, place the new one down, follow the torque pattern in the Haynes and follow the torque specs with a good torque wrench. That's it! Good luck.
A forum community dedicated to Mazda MX-6 owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about restorations, performance, upgrades, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!