Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace my valve cover gasket so I painted the valve cover at the same time. Before viewing the crappy pictures, the cover is painted in flat black engine paint, and we polished the Mazda emblem that screws onto the top of the cover.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
That looks cool. I think I'll do that when I change my valve cover gasket...Since I like flat black things for some reason.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Does anyone know if the black plate thing on the intake plenum which says "2.2 turbo" is removable? I decided I want to paint both the valve cover and my intake manifold that flat black color.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question. From what I saw it doesn't look removable...just a smooth surface that was painted. But I could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
Damn that looks cool yo! I want to do my intake manifold/plenum crackly red.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only reason I'm choosing not to do my intake manifold...it took me about 20 minutes to get that large pipe off the throttle body and back on. It just doesnt move well as it looks it would.

[Edited by rmtaylor on 02-13-2001 at 11:26 AM]

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Yeah crackle finish would also be great looking...like the dash of an old British sportscar. Actually rmtaylor's pic makes it look like crackle black finish..

·
Registered
1,358 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US"

Oh let me put the right valve cover on then...ass.

[Edited by rmtaylor on 03-06-2001 at 12:32 AM]

·
Registered
36 Posts
little late but for about 3 weeks ive been screwing with my screwed motor and pulled the entire thing apart over spring break. i painted mine red and the intake manifold too, but i didnt worry about the 2.2L turbo thing cause mine had already came off from steam cleaning my engine(dont steam clean your intake manifold)big mistake.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i want mine to get powder coted body coulor, alpine white, would look nice but would be an a#$hole to keep clean.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah it is tough to keep clean. I keep getting water spots on it everytime it rains.

G

·
Just to let you guys know, the 2.2L turbo on the intake is just a thick sticker. I took mine off, and it spent the next 3 mo. on the side of my friend's Dakota.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha niiice dude :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Someone set up us the bomb

It was funny last year, but when my 12 year old brother catches on, you know that it's over...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It only came to my attention about a month ago. It was over in about a week : )

G

·
looks good, i painted mine gloss black, and then i had it chromed for 120 bucks!!, would not reccomend pullin that sticker off it will buckle, trust me i did it!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
made it smooth

i just sanded every thing smooth and then broke out the Mothers polish. I can cast a reflection on the valve cover, massairflow sensor, intake manifold and intake tube as well as my waterneck. sandpaper and clearcoat does wonders on the non aluminum items such as my cam gear and cruse control bracket. there is a lot of shine under the hood if you really want to uncover it. the main reason i did was cause nothing matched my strut tower bar. i will post some picks when i get my camera back from the shop.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts