Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey all, ive just saw a pic of TURBOsix's gold valve cover on his first gen damnnn did i like it. i have a burgundy type color 2nd gen and was thinkin it would look real good to have a gold valve cover. does any have this or pics of this on a 2nd gen? Thanks a lot guys- Rory

-also...i really like TURBOsix's more of a flat gold rather than a super glossy gold....

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Well first off it's on a 1st gen so it should give you a clue.

It's from an FE3, which is a different engine than the FS03 in the 2nd gen. SO being that it's from a completely different platform car and completely different engine series. The only thing it really shares with the FS is the family root and the DOHC and that's about it. The gold valve cover comes stock on the FE3. So no it won't fit onto an FS.

Now if you were asking if someone painted a VC like that than no I've never seen one either. The color is going to be hard to produce but I think a little experimentation will give you the desired result.

Just take off your VC, sand that sucker down and paint it the new color.

·
Registered
13 Posts

parisfal, you are an asshole. ozmo was just asking what it would look like not if he could swap the two. why dont you try to help someone out instead of trying to look like you know everything.
@- ****er

have a nice day

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Ncmx6er, I understand what you're trying to say, but I think Parisifal was just honestly trying to give the guy as much information as possible. It did sort of sound like he was patronizing, but the information he gave was clear and helpful. Anyway, I would go to like Autozone, Pep Boys, Home Depot, etc. and look for some high-temp paint (especially brake paint, since brakes tend to het hotter than engines). Then, just pick a color you like, test it out someplace, then sand, paint, primer. For that flat gold look, stay away from clear coat and look for a non-gloss gold paint. Hope this helps!
Crooks

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
i agree with ncmx6er about somethings but you are still a loser, parisifal- you are helpful but, always at the wrong time. i just want to see a picture that is all, no more no less
so if anyone has any pics- please post them! - Rory

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
ncmx6er,

This is to serve as an official warning. This type of post will not be tolerated here. If you feel someone is being mistreated, please feel free to post your comments about it without resorting to vulgarity and insults per our Rules of Conduct.

Thank you,
Scooby
MX6.com Admin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts