Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My MX6 1994 is making noise at the rear valve side of the engine. Which I am sure it is the valves that are making noise when using a peice of garden hose to this location. The front seems to be okay.

Is there any body out there who was succesful in adjusting valves and replacing the shims. Or link in this forum? I use to adjust valves on older vehicles but not with shims. The hanes manual does not show step by step procedure on this.

Thanks for the help.

Raul

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, the noise seems to diminsh after the engine is warm about five minutes. Will this be a typical valve noise?

Thanks again...
Raul

·
Registered
316 Posts
these cars use hydraulic valves which adjust on their own by allowing more engine oil into them, the noise is probably a sticky or collapsed lifter where the oil cant circulate through it as easily, the noise quiets down after a while because some oil will eventually get there. try to flush out your engine at your next oil change and that should help a little but it's a very common problem that you'll find almost everyone here has. Its nothing to worry about and as long as the noise doesnt bother you too much its all good. and welcome to the site

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
these cars use hydraulic valves which adjust on their own by allowing more engine oil into them, the noise is probably a sticky or collapsed lifter where the oil cant circulate through it as easily, the noise quiets down after a while because some oil will eventually get there. try to flush out your engine at your next oil change and that should help a little but it's a very common problem that you'll find almost everyone here has. Its nothing to worry about and as long as the noise doesnt bother you too much its all good. and welcome to the site
Thanks a lot. This site is very helpful. By the way I emailed Hanes regarding error in their manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts