Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just was wondering if any of you guys ever tried valvoline so called full synthetic grade 4 oil ? Right now its sold in wallmart in Canada, dont know about US, though. Costs 27.50 for 5L. Package is slightly differs from other valvoline synthetic by small pic of tachometer or spedometer (dont remember) at the lower left corner on the front of the bottle. Just looking for opinions complemented with expirience.

Littel offtop:
Here is just proff, that i was reading, about mx6, to that i made a good choice when bought mine.
Check it anyways, there is a nice pic of mx6 at the top.

·
Registered
891 Posts
i especially like the part when it reads

"Vehicle Type Four-passenger/four-door"

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have never used Valvoline, as I use M1. The reason is quite simple - M1 is one of the few true synthetics out there (PAO based, Group IV) while many of the others are hydrocracked Group III oils. In english, it means that Group3 is cheaper to make, and is based on dino oil (it is NOT created synthetically, but it is process so much that the courts call it synthetic). Of course, Group3 hasn't been that much cheaper than true-synthetic group-IV oils. Take a look here: http://www.technilube.com/sections/comps/synth_diff.htm

I have used Valvoline synthetic MTX fluid once, and it was terrible. I quickly changed over to Pennzoil Synchromesh fluid, and the hard shifting went away. I have no desire to try Valvoline again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts