Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I've seen some people that say they have a Veilside body kit on their car. Most recently someone is
selling a 6 that says it has a Veilside kit.

However, I emailed Veilside and this is what I got back...

Thankyou for your inquiry. VeilSide has never offered a kit for the MX6. What
you have seen are most likely knock off kits that look like our Supra C1 kit.
Unfortunatly we are not able to point you in the right direction for you to
find your kit.

So what kit is that on the car. The only reason I don't think it's an Erebuni is because of the rear quarter skirts don't go very low like the Erebuni. Pls help, I want the kit that's on this car.

G

·
If you look over on probetalk.com you'll see MONSTER PROBE who custom fit a Veilside RX7 body kit to his car. Apparently the RX& kits fit with not a lot of modification to our cars.

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
damn...if RX7 front end will fit on my car then that would be so awesome! There are so many more choices of kit for the RX...

·
Registered
830 Posts
That kit is made with miss-match parts... Front and side are the erebuni kit, and the rear is also offer by erebuni, but in different style. Veilside has never made a kit for our car, so don't get fooled......

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey big jeff! where did ya get the pic of this car? does that guy have anymore pics? it's a sweet car!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ok, if you ride does not have a Veilside kit on it. DON'T SAY IT HAS ONE! Why in the world would anybody want to claim that they have a veilside kit on their car when they don't? That's just plain stupid if you ask me!! =)

·
Registered
96 Posts
he probably just spraye it all with that red spray paint you can buy for your tail lights...I personally like the vinyl tail light covers though =)

G

·
Nice!

That is a sweet looking car. Wish there were more pics at different angles. Perhaps some interior shots too. Does antone know what kind of wheels he's got on there?

·
Registered
49 Posts
don't get those wheels, they are Team Loco wheels and
i have heard that they suck.

the kit looks good though.

Peace,

ToyMX6

G

·
Its mine

I guess I finally have to speak up. First of all, nope it is not a Eurbuni kit, as many have you guess, but it was a close one. Yes second Eurbuni does carry that rear end. Thrid it is not a trully matched up kit. I had it this way because that is the only FULL fiber glass rear end avaiable. I might have mislead you in the fact in calling it an veilside kit, but I guess that was just the style. A company in HK made it. Quality supasses Eurbuni, and TC, in everybodies option that has seen it. I guess I better just rename it Veilside (made in HK!!) hehe haha but sorry for the confusion caused, I should have made it clearer. My bad My bad. Anyways I will be happy to offer any help to any body who has any questions. The lights are just tinted linght BUT you have to do them slowly. Ho BTW I have a new hood now, yes similar to the one Eurbuni carries but I had to way before they started carring it here. Funny how I end up before them. Did you guys know that Eurbuni buys rejected pieces from HK? Just wanted to let you guys know. Just be careful.....wait wait I remember, that wing is a real veilside for an RX-7 I orderd here to I am partial Veildide!! hehe haha anyways talk to you all later. Take care!

G

·
Wheels

Yes they are Teamlocos, and not they are not bad at all. Its too bad they dropped in price so much. They are one of the only center mount wheels making it a TRUE rim unlike konig, Tsw or others. Anyways they are at a pretty good deal now. I highly recommend them. Oh I also have a extra set of 17inch K1 racing on order. Now I love those. Wait till I get them on!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Most of the body kits on the market are make in HK, because they can copy the Japanese with little fear of the copy right problem. Even Erebuni and many other company sell those kits mady by HK, because they are much cheaper than making it in US. So no matter if it's Erubuni or HK or..., the style is all the same. HK's kit use less fiberglass so it's lighter and flex better, but it will not last if you scrap the bottom all the time. Erebuni, TC, and other US made kits, uses more fiberglass, so it's stronger, the problem is that it's heavier and not as flexable. No matter if it's HK or US made, they all have problem on fittings.(some models are worse than others) At the end, the best is still those from Japanes, strong, flexable, and fits like an OEM parts.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts