Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what the hell I was thinking when I ran a vented 1G DSM bypass. I finally got the parts and time yesterday to vent it back in and the car runs awesome now. No more stalling, bad gas mileage, backfiring and stupid sound. I also gained another 2 psi of boost and the car seems to be way faster. I highly do not recommend any sort of BOV/vented bypass for these cars. I'll take some pics later today.

·
Banned
27,927 Posts
it's funny how long it takes people to realize that venting in these cars is not a good idea because of the VAF, in un metered cars, great vent allday!!!! but not in MX6's or Probes, I also have a 1st gen DSM bypass plummed back into the intake, but I got it installed in the stock location with a mandrel bent turbo to intercooler pipe, I now wish I would have gotten in made in the throttle body pipe :( but Oh well life goes on, on a side note, I love the DSM Bypass, it still makes a nice sound and holds boost

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it didn't take me long to realize, but I have a honda CAI pipe so it wasn't a bolt up thing and go. I never had time to fix it either, so I dealt with it until now. On a side note, the damn thing keeps popping the hose off. Unfortunately I couldn't find a pipe with a 1" bung, the closest I got was this one for a civic. The hole I have it plumbed back into is only like 1/2" ID. It should be okay though. pics will be up tonight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts