Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the dealership I work at, I told a tech some of my plans of useing nitro, He laughed at me and said "dude" your mx6 will not survive" he also said that the pistons and rods will snap becuase they r very weak in my car.and that if i start pinging, my rod will come down through my oil pan. I also told him I wanted to put headers in my car and he siad that my car isnt made for headers. he goes" dude its not a mustang" your car will run ****-e...guys i was so freaking depressed after i got done talking to him i wanted to curl up in a ball and suck my thumb. the reason I listened to this guy is beucase he worked on mazdas, and only mazdas for 6 years.....
will some one pleaseeeeee help me believe that i am heading in the right direction. becuase this freak makes me want to throw a damn t4 in and race his stupid a** down the block while seeing him in my rear view.
Is anything he siad true??? and if not?? enlighten me . thanks!!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
the engine does gain hp from headers, but by no means is it a mustang......... u might get 3-7 hp from headers for the mx6. for nitrous you should be able to run a 50 shot as long as u have good fuel system management without harming the engine. if you get a bigger fuel pump you can run a bigger shot of nitrous. the engine will blow if it leans out, there is too little gas going into the engine.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Don't ever listen to any "factory" mechanic. They are awesome at fixing a car...but that is it.

All of my friends who are mechanics (from journey to master) can fix anything that is borken, but mention the word headers to them and they will crack an expressionless face.

Unless he have actively built up KL than he doesn't know jacksquat about the engine. You can go an talk to Toyota technicians about Supras TT, they will laught about single turbos and larger IC and bash you down. Does that mean they know anything about it? Hell no. It is simply corporate training by the companies to ensure that their mechanics do not encourage anything but OEm replacement parts. So what does that mean? A Mazda dealership will recommend a remanufactured rotary from Mazda even though you can buy a fully built with every reliable mod imaginable one from places like Atkins or Mazdatrix.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
well he was right about the Mustang part but wrong about the rest.

All headers are, are high flow exhaust collectors to allow the engine to breathe better. Will respond and gain 20hp like a v8? NO!!! Will it make you quicker? YES!!!

When you said nitrous, you should have been clearer and said a small shot like a 50 or 75 shot. The 75 shot is the largest possible shot you can run without doing work on your internals. Anything larger and your rods will snap and your pistons shatter.

A Mustang can run a 125 shot with no fuel mods, and with some fuel upgrades and a custom tune, can run 200shots. This owuld destroy your car... so he is right but wrong.

I was told that a CAI would pull in too much air on my 6 and make the car knock!!! :rolleyes: Needless to say it didn't happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts