Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just needed some urgent help...

my car is currently idleling really low - sometimes even stalls. was wondering what the reason for this could be.
I have adjusted the settings on the engine bay (distributor cap area) to increase the idle - but still nothing has changed it.
the car is really bad when it is just sitting there (auto trans) on 'D', but when it is going - it seems to be fine. my car just shakes and sounds like crap when it is on idle...

was wondering what this problem could be and how i could get this fixed - any help on this would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
304 Posts
i know you've probably checked this but could there be a leak in your turbo hoses?, maybe a pipe popped off your cooler or split around Bov?

·
Registered
886 Posts
You could try :

TPS switch faulty
VAF faulty
throttle body faulty
remove fuel injectors and throttle body and carbon clean (are you using 98 octane ? how often do you use a fuel injector cleaner ?)

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Ive been through ths twice now.

1. I needed new leads. I bought the top gun 8.0mm and that fixed it but can i recommend that you buy thicker or more heat resistant set. I had mine for just over 5000km's and i've already cooked two of the leads.

2. I had a crack in the imfamous TB boot. They are $130 at mazda and there is no cheaper alternative. Get a new one and it should be good for another 15 years, plus the new boots made of rubber and look more durable so it can flex when the motor moves to prevent any future cracking.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
just curious to know where the EGR valve is located and how it looks?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Ducktape, it's just above the alternator. It looks like the stock bov. It held in by three bolts, has a vaccum hose attached and a few wires.

I discovered that the gasket being used, for some stupid reason covered 50% percent of the chamber. I used carby cleaner and a toothbrush to clean it properly. Also i cut up the gasket to the shape of the cavity. I was far too poor at the time to get the right gasket. Mine could be a one off coz perhaps the previous owners' mechanic used a unversial gasket. No problem so far resusing the gasket.

The car sounds healthier on deccelleration too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot fella's

just wondering how often ur leads should be replaced i changed my leads to the repco - high performance 8mm leads about 15,000kms ago- maybe its time to be replaced.
i also found that my standard BOV is covered with oil - is there a reason for this - could this be the initial problem??

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Internally or externally.

It might have failed.

oil covering inside is not a big problem, my whole intake has a light film of oil covering the inlet track

but also if you still find you have a problem might check your charging system a large drop in voltage can cause a missing stalling spike- happens in some big power V8's and 80's turbo cars especially boosted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts