Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a "new" car....a 94 or 95 to be exact. I was looking at a 94 Integra GS-R pretty hard but someon recommended an MX-6 so i am looking into it as well. Could I just get some basic info about these cars. I prefer an auto but automatic integras are slow as hell. i am not really looking for a car to mod a great deal or race really...just a car that has some decent pickup. I think these would sense they are 6 cylinders rather than the integra 1.8 4 cylinder. Anyone know what kind of hp/torque a 94-95 mx-6 auto puts out. Right now I just need a reliable car that isn't slow as hell so maybe you can help point me in the right direction. How big of an aftermarket is there for these cars as well?....Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I felt nice so here... you want more try edmunds.com or carpoint.com

1997 Mazda MX6 V6 LS Acura Integra GSR Coupe

Base Engine 2.5L 164 hp V6 1.8L 170 hp I4

Turbo / Supercharger None None

Horsepower 164 @ 5600 RPM 170 @ 7600 RPM

Torque 160 lb/ft. 128 lb/ft.

Displacement 2507 CC 1797 CC

Bore X Stroke 3.33 X 2.92 3.19 X 3.43

Compression Ratio 9.2:1 10:1

Fuel Type Gas Gas

Fuel System MPFI MPFI

Fuel Economy City 20 mpg No data

Fuel Economy Hwy 25 mpg No data

·
Registered
352 Posts
Both are reliable cars. They should both have pickup, but a Mx-6 Ls will be faster.
There is a bigger aftermarket for the Integra than our MX-6's simply because there are many more Integras out there, but there is a decent amount of aftermarket parts for our 6's.
I'd recomend against an auto if you decide to get a Mx-6, get a 5spd because the automatic transmissions have been known to have problems. Its more fun to drive a manual anyway.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a few troubles with my 6 when I first got it. I had problems stalling after idle for more then 10-15 seconds, or when I let off the throttle. I changed my oil, spark plugs and wires, and my dist. cap and rotor and a mechanic said that the oxy. sensor on the front bank was bad. So I did a minor tune up and that fixed my trouble. ofcourse my car has nearly 150000 miles on it. It also needed a new power steering pump, nothing major wrong, just leaking. anyway, if you look at the hp figures, the intera has more, but that is way high end, and it makes miniscule amounts of toruqe, which is what counts with acceleration. Plus if you get a 6, you will have a much smoother running car due to two extra cylinders. Honda/Acura isn't very good in low end or mid, but are better on the high end, where I love my 6 in ever7 range. hope this helps

P.S. if you ever really get into some major mods, go to www.paeco.com, they look like you can get some really nice parts from them, I'm planning on getting some cylinder heads from them, and I'll post on how everythign goes.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I'd look at getting a manual tranny 95 if I had my pick. Search this forum for "buy mx6" and you should turn up all kinds of info. Good luck....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts