• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys,

We're gaining some good momentum now... I was thinking about having a "sticky" post that was always at the top of the forum and that would provide a resource for any newbies venturing onto the site.

Things to include may include:
- recommended mechanical shops in each area
- what's on (cruises and the like)
- members
- state or regional contact numbers
- known mods easily available

It'd be like a little red book of really valuable information.

Not exactly sure how to do it on this board but do you reckon it would be worthwhile???

Ric

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
Thats a realy good idea . And maby, if we dont get the avitas, we could stick our car pics in it .
Peace
Pk

·
Registered
672 Posts
I support something like that..

Bring it on, we are always trying to hunt for good reputable mechanics, dealers, repairers etc. No better place to put them than on here for easy access.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK.

THanks for all the feedback guys - we now have 9 people willing to lend a hand in putting this together.

I've been thinking about the strcuture of this and instead of using the board I'm thinking about setting up a member-editable web-site using an easy-to-use menuing system to put articles, comments and pictures together. I could host that here - although whilst ever I've got it we'll have to keep the graphics out :(

I've currently got a guy doing a quick costing on this - if it's going to take too long we can just stick with the board - but I like Woo's idea of nesting articles within sub-headings. Unfortunately this board doesn't support that all that well and it's a bit slow.

Let me put up a prototype and you guys can tell me if it's the direction we should head down.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK my guy has just about finished a little member-maintained web-site for us all to use.

With this site you can:

add new sections (eg. 1stgen mods, meets, mechanics etc)
edit introductions and comments
add entries to sections (1stgen -> sts)
comment on entries (ie - comment on a recommended mechanic etc)

It's really just an empty database waiting to be filled by us. Anyone with login priveligde (currently adminstered by me and available to everyone on the board) has access to edit any part of the site. So in terms of security there's none really - we're relying on the good will and honesty of the members here to make it work.

Also - can insert links and images.
Currently is text only with no formatting - I guess that can all come later.

If you want to see how it's progressing check here from time to time.

Ric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts