Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jsut noticed this werid vibration gettign checked next week but just wonding in case anyone has had it here
it's engine related comes and goes mostly on boost, plus my boost guage at some revs has been reading up to 3psi higher.
I dont' think it's my turbo it has no play in it at all.
Jsut werid I think it's some sort of vacum leak, nothing in the hoses they are all good even TB boot is soft has no cracks.

plus every now and them really high pitch scream. I think every now and them it might be a head probelm but I'm not too worried just have to drive with this weird vibration for a week. When I get Wagon back should be able to get it looked at.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Is the car still running fine?

Maybe you have a leak in the wastegate causing the turbo to boost higher and the scream is just the turbo... Man, my turbo screams pretty loud at 17.5psi

Then again, it could be your turbo is on its last legs...
Or it could be you do have a leak that only comes open under boost due to the extra pressure... and you just can't see it when the car is idling.

Tripharn

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WantFE3inGC No it's not the young 14 year olds I had in my boot,
Mind you that reminds me :D ( being stuck in TAFe with a high school that it's part of ? )

Nah the scream is a Vacum leak I can't find or get too and I think maybe my turbo back end. but I know it's got FARK all paly not even 1mm or .5mm it's so tight it's tighter then Britteny was before she declared recently she was not a virgin ( yeah big surprise, unfortunalty she can't do any more CHERRY PEPSI AD'S )

I think maybe one of my injectors is stuffed, I think it might be leaning out.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
my car sometimes screams off its tits aswell.. ive always thought it was the turbo/wastegate..

but it could be the same thing your experiencing.. because one day it just decided to start happening - i put it down to the inconsistency my car has..

my turbo would be like PSHHHHHHHHHHHHH and then at 4500 rpm it sounds like its full on screaming going ARGHHHH (in a high pitched lady's voice).. only happens maybe every 2nd day though.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey Brad,

Just an idea. Check whether the oil return lines aren't kinked or anything. It sounds like it's bare metal rubbing against bare metal and if your turbo isn't getting the lube, well it's like dry sex huh? hehe

Check that out. also, check your compressor wheel - but to be more specific, the blades. If one of the blades is damaged/cracked/broken/or has residue of some sort on it, it could cause the wheel to spin off centre, hence the blades rubbing on the sides of the housing giving you that banshee yell.

Mine was pretty loud on 13psi, but after I gave it a full check out, I decided that it was just my turbo moaning nice and loud! The way i like it @- })

Good luck with it.

Regards

Zako

·
Registered
794 Posts
HHHMM same here rod... since i had my turbo put back on, i get a sort of vibration noise at high revs.... maybe the exhaust is rubbing somewhere????

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm thining that but ?

I noticed finally my vacum won't go too 20inches anymore ? so Ido have leak in the intake and I cna feel power loss when it's not there.

This is not what I need I, just spent big putting back the rumble in mx-6 and 2gauge cable even at special prices for me still I ended up putting aobut another $1000 into my system.

Now all I need it the turbo to fail?
Or worse something else.

Always happens but both my mate and my car have been off the road soon as I get it on his is almost back on, mine needs to come off?
Ha next his will come off again. both been off for aobut 2 months.
We are going nuts driving family runabouts ( well almost Wagon's on rails right now )

·
Registered
793 Posts
ok this could be your vibration problem.
mine did at one stage and it turned out it was the top engine mount/ stabiliser, it was cracked so the engine was sitting lower and resting the sump on the drivers side control arm
sounded like she was gonna blow check to see if there is a nice big gap, if not check the mount the one next to timing cover

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I'd point my finger at a boost leak. I have that loud shrieking sound too. The sound can only be heard boosting above 9psi. Im in need of a new TB boot as i discovered 3 hair line cracks inside it. I will be more certain in a week or two until i get my mits on a new one.

My gauge read -18in-hg yesterday. Bloody manifold bolts worked it's way loose. Now shes at -19in-hg.

Just a quick question.
When you guys shift between gears, how low does your gauge read?
Mines drops to 21in-hg. I just wanna know if thats normal for the mx6.

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
How is your intercooler looking, any splits in it?

·
Registered
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well if my intercooler split again it will be time ot se my mates donw on lakemba street, and custom PWR intercooler and radiator.

I think might be one of my intjector seals or gasket on the minfold
it's not shreaking up top just idel and above goes when you add throttle, but I know I have a leak.

this week if I can get it into Ric shaws before the Wagon (it's fight over which one goes in first, dam Parents ) It needs a servie due for oil in 500k's so time to get it all checked over.

Plus getting all my colant hoses done on it. still soft just don't take the risk on it.

Then I can get a chance to wire up my care, got to RUN SOME NICE NEW 2GAUGE CABLE = like me it's bigger then life should be good enough for 2 15inchs.

might need a 120amp alternator this time

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.