Registered
33 Posts
friggin love ur car!!!!! lookz wikid nice* good job

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok i got some more picts now!

Umm yea i have some more picts up now but im stilll working on it so yea here you are: www.geocities.com/mx_6guy/mycar.html just go to the bottom for more picts where it says more picts Duh

·
Registered
359 Posts
She looks really good! Nice touch with the Mazda Emblum on the back seat. I would have never thought of that.

·
Registered
283 Posts
it looks like the erebuni fg hood is not fitting right and not that good looking. i was going to get it but now decided not to. have you had any problem with it so far?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mx_6guy said:
I finaly got some picture of my car, sorry that there at my site but here u go: www.geocities.com/mx_6guy/mycar.html its not done yet but the piont is i can get your opitions!!! :smokin:
dude, could you post a pic or two of your "custom" cold air intake? also, is the tiny intake on your hood for the intake? how did you route the piping?

thanks

M

·
0 Posts
Where did you get that Intake Thing on your hood? and how did you install it to the hood? (The Circle thing on the Passengers side)

Where is the intake routed through?

·
Registered
283 Posts
guys, that's an erebuni fiber glass hood like i've mentioned. go to their website for more information. it's very similar to the design of the rx-7 hood.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok some awnsers

THE INTAKE: ok my intake is just like the ones you can buy for our cars but made out of platstic ( 3" pvc pipe) it cost me like 15 bucks at best. (my freind gave me a cone filter) so it just runs under the car where other intakes go. (FYI: i think the pipe is to big and im going to but some 2:1/2'' exaust pipe and have a place bend it for me)

THE HOOD: YEA THE PRICKS THAT INSTALED IT NEVER INSATLLED A HOOD BEFORE :mad: and said they would take a look at it to see if they could do it, I took it there and they said oh yea not a problom just 100 bucks, i said OK they installed it and it did'nt go down all the way i was like UHHH it should fit flush, they said no by how its made it won't but on Sept 20 they are going to take another shot at it cause i said i would take them to court cause they wrote it down "install hood propoly" so they are trying [email protected] By the way erebuni said the hood will fit right if you tweek every thing just right

THE SMALL INTAKE THING ON THE PASSANGER SIDE: i call it the gun port umm it is just there, it does nothing but let some air in to the engiane. You cant really do anything with it cause its right where the strut tower is. so im kind sol but im going to try some thing with the other vent on the hood.

MY PAINT: the place that installed the hood messed up big time on the paint and also said a free paint job with a full clear coat too so the spot on the hood will be gone :p

THE WEB SITE: http://www.erebunicorp.com/ge/mazmx693.htm

Any other Qustions just ask me, Oh by the way i just smoked my tail lights and they are cool i will take some more pic's soon.

·
Premium Member
7,327 Posts
Why do you keep going back to this place that put your hood on if they mess stuff up every time? I would go somewhere else...... at least to a reputable body shop.

On a nother note, I like the mirror tint on the silver car... looks nice.

Also, those hood pins have gotta go, man.... they mess up the clean look of the car. Just my $.02 :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
i think he has no choice in the matter. however, i'd be cautious about forms of retaliation by those "pric&s" i.e. sugar in the tank, sand in the engine. i think most fiberglass stuff from erebuni fit like craps. that hood has no front latch so pins must be used. even then, getting all angles to fit flush is a trick unless the hood is of very high quality.

i think the probers are having issues with the sensei hood too. bottom line is that more prep works must be done to straighten the hood out correctly. i would check with travis_williams on probetalk about your particular problem before going back. hope it turns out okay.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1bad_mx6 said:
i think he has no choice in the matter. however, i'd be cautious about forms of retaliation by those "pric&s" i.e. sugar in the tank, sand in the engine. i think most fiberglass stuff from erebuni fit like craps. that hood has no front latch so pins must be used. even then, getting all angles to fit flush is a trick unless the hood is of very high quality.

i think the probers are having issues with the sensei hood too. bottom line is that more prep works must be done to straighten the hood out correctly. i would check with travis_williams on probetalk about your particular problem before going back. hope it turns out okay.
The hood does have a latch but being fiberglass its not as stong so the pins are there if the latch were to break and yea i know what u mean erebuini sux but i love the hood alot of peole think i have turbo :p

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Sorry to say this, but I give lotsa credit to anyone who has tried to put this hood on their cars. I've seen this hood in Erebuni's factory in Brooklin when I went to pick up my kit a while back. I was actually going to pick it up until I saw it in person. They had 3 hoods to choose from, I took them out of the box and each one of them was simply not going to fit right. Either the fiberglass layers were coming apart or they were wavy. I layed one on the floow and it was totally uneven. My suggestion to anyone who is thinking about getting this hood is this. Think about it a lot. Try to see one in person before you make your decision and expect to pay a lot of money to have it installed right. I mean you can install it yourself but the modification needed on most of their products require body work which equals to a lot of $$$$$$$. It's like the Sinsei hood that the Probers are struggeling with. I think that your best bet would be to just get a scoop you like and have it installed on the factory hood. That way you don;t have to worry about the hood flying off the car or have it aligned properly.

Just my .02 cents.

125 Posts
I'm gona have to agree w/ jpm....This is an industry wide problem. A friend of mine has a Type R w/ a jackson racing S/C and he bought a nice CF hood and it still fits like crap and that's an Integra! I went the hood scoop route and get props for the custom look + safer + cheaper. Just want everyone to know what their getting into. and Coldnoodle's confirming that there's a CF hood coming out for our cars...that will probably be a lil' better, can't expect perfection but it'll save u weight....lata'

·
Registered
76 Posts
i was just wondering when did a light up air freshener become a modification to someones car?:D ..... also...why did you change out your rear view mirror? i dont think it was any kind of improvement.... sorry... just my $.02.... anyhow... the exhaust is pretty nice.... but you need to lower your car and that mazda emblem in the back seat needs to go.... i hope those guys fix your hood and you like it better when they are done with it.... anyhow.... alright then im outta here... later.
-andy-

1 - 16 of 16 Posts