Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share....
I found a couple of original pictures from when my car was brand new, and one from the following summer of 94. The first picture must have been taken within the first month of ownership (June 1993) since it still has the dealer plate on it. BROWN Mazda, in Toledo, Ohio. Wish I still had that darn plate. The second picture is July 1994. Let's see your vintage pictures!

·
Registered
1992, Mazda MX-6 2.5L V6
76 Posts
That's so crazy! I don't think there are any one time owners left on this forum now. You are the only one that I know of.
Great pics!! Yeah its a shame you don't have those plates anymore.

I love the first pic of you reaching out of the sunroof. hahaha, I'm sure everyone has done this before even me at one point in time or another.
It still looks great to this day.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
That's so crazy! I don't think there are any one time owners left on this forum now. You are the only one that I know of.
An MX6.com member Crispin Ferreir bough his 1988 mx6 GT in oct/87 and still drives it, he has owned it 33years and 9months.
Not trying to downplay DOO640ER, just though it's cool someone on this forum has owned an MX6 that long.

Reactions: Jaded

·
Registered
1992, Mazda MX-6 2.5L V6
76 Posts
An MX6.com member Crispin Ferreir bough his 1988 mx6 GT in oct/87 and still drives it, he has owned it 33years and 9months.
Not trying to downplay DOO640ER, just though it's cool someone on this forum has owned an MX6 that long.
WOW!! you're kidding me!!! That's awesome! I love that people are holding onto these cars. I think I read that @TJ-MX6 was also a first time buyer of his MX-6 and still has it today.
I just find it really cool that people still have their cars and its even better when those members are still around now. People such as yourself @Mazda Carnage that have been around for a really long time and still post from here time to time is really awesome.

I will be honest, it's kinda depressing and baffling as to why people aren't active here anymore. I really would like to know where everyone went. I have been trying to catch up on everything and look into old accounts and have noticed some either soldng off their car part by part or as an entire unit and some were even banned for unknown reasons. I really wonder where those cars went and how they ended up also.
It's really sad to imagine some of the truly great cars that have been built by people here ending up in the wrong hands or worse yet in a wrecking yard.

I wish we could call out a few of the oldies here and see how they are doing in life, if they still have an mx-6 or if they miss it. There used to be a really great vibe and crowd here. I was around longer than I signed up but was always apprehensive of joining and posting, I truly regret that.

It's weird and depressing to imagine all the parts that were considered rare then are as rare rocking horse sh#t now and how much time, money and effort they put into finding those parts only for them to end up gone forever.

Much respect to everyone for holding up the forums and dream alive.
I'd definitely love to see some more people posting here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts