Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced a 98 Viper recently, and I got killed. I kept up with him for till about 60, then he dropped back into first, and blew my doors off. I was at a Viper club rally, and I was running my mouth about how fast my car was, so we raced, and I got killed. It was tight!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
THATS COOL

Don't feel bad you didn't have a chance as soon as you started your engine. But at least you raced a Viper. How many people can say that?

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
what kind was it the gts the gtsr the rt/10 r even one better, i have been in one that is used for racing with straight pips no header just afew mods and it was this guys daily driver DAMN IT WAS FAST AS HELL, handle like it was glued to the road, very very nice car ohh yeah let me say this this guy at my school was talking shit about his friend haveing a crx with a viper motort in it i have not seen it but i smell bullshit dont u

·
Registered
359 Posts
SAY WHAT???????????

The day a viper engine would fit in a CRX. Who ever told you this must smoke a lot of crack..... A viper engine is a v10 their is no way you could fit a v10 under a CRX hood. I've heard some dumb things in my life but that is just stupid. I bet the same guy that said he has a Viper engine in a CRX was then same guy that put a V8 northstar in his MX6. My advice to you riceater6 is stay away from this guy. He might try to make you smoke some of his magic crack....

·
Registered
318 Posts
Mmm magic crack is good. Its prolly the same stuff that told him that not olny would Viper engin in no way fit, but that the stock chassis and tranny could take the torque. And who the hell would buy a Viper engine and put it in a CRX in the first place. Now I do know of a guy who put one in his Jeep Wrangler (URL available if ya want it), but thats for off roading and something completely different. Oh and it took heavy modification to make it fit in the Jeep in teh first place.

·
Registered
61 Posts
crx v-10?

don't think so. a crx is around 2000 lbs. i don't know how much the 8 liter v10 weights but probably close enough to the weight of the car. this guy is crazy and believes anything anyone tells him. and you guys with mx6's that try and race vipers, you're brave, or stupid, whichever suits best. sorry, but when you said you kept up with him until about 60, you should know the guy with the viper felt kinda bad for you. you had no chance since exactly what they said, since you turned the ignition.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
can i get the guys phone # for the magic crack? thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok the CRX guy goes to school with Riceater6 and he said that he got a CRX for $2000 (over paid if you ask me). Then got another front end and modifided the fron frame a bit and drop it in. He never said anything about the tranny or if is was running front or rear wheel drive. So.... anyway a viper motor ordered form Dodge is around $35 to $45 thousand. So what the hay?

·
Registered
379 Posts
488 c.i. V-10 on a CRX??

LOL! The only way anyone could put such a motor in a CRX would be to completely rebuild the car aft of the front seats. We're talking custom tube frame, fabricated mounts, relocating a lot of accessories, custom cooling system, and a custom rear diff setup. Plus you'd have no rear seats, no cargo room, very little space for a fuel tank, and hearing loss in your right rear and permanently blistered left shoulder as side effects of sitting 8 inches away from an engine the size of a small refrigerator. The next time you see that guy, slap him upside the head and descirbe to him what an idiot he is, in detail! :D

While we're on the topic, it's worth mentioning that professional Viper tuner John Hennessey is working on a concept called the PT Crusher. Basically it involves taking stock Chrysler PT Cruisers, removing the powertrain and interior behind the front seats, and welding the rear doors shut. Then the vehicle would be fitted with a Viper V-10, massaged to almost 600 horespower and hooked up to a sequential 6-speed transaxle driving the rear wheels. AutoWeek magazine reported this a few weeks ago. Cost? Oh, about $200,000 :D

·
Registered
332 Posts
You know Apollo, its funny how so many people say they own a Viper or modified their car with a Viper motor but know squat about the thing. I once was taking to a guy who said he owned a Viper. So I asked him if it was a R/T10 or a GTS. He said "What?... What does that mean?" I actually had to explain to him that the R/T10 is the convertible. Then I walked away from him.

By the way a friend of mine has a 99 silver R/T10 and I raced him once. I had him up to about 30. But that was because he was roasting his tires. After 30 he roasted me!!!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
i have seen an all out drag race between a viper r/t10 and a 97 skyline gt-r v-spec!! whats the deal with the viper? v-10 vs 6 cyl twin turbo? why did the viper lose? btw they were both in street trim off the showroom floor.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
i believe the skyline is all wheel drive am i right or not, the guy at my school with the crx viper want to race at the drag strip soon so if he bring it i will tell yall what the deal it but i think he smokes some magic dust i fu know what i mean kinda stupid in the head i never believed him for a min. i asked him all about it but he did not know what he was talking about, but owell i am not him so i dont care

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Skyline GTR Vspec is an all wheel drive car with a twin turbo 2.5. The car is really fast off the line because of the AWD system and could very well have the Viper up to 60 or so but I am very surprised that the Viper did not pass the Skyline.

Anyway both cars are absolute BEASTS.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Stock Vipers with 500 lb-ft of torque will easily spend through into third gear. Any all wheel drive car will bite like hell off the line. So depending on the length of the track or where they race it could be possible. But anyway 0-60 in 3.5 secs is very impressive for a large car like a Viper. So what exactly was he talking about with the race.

·
Registered
332 Posts
A stock Viper DOES NOT do 0-60 in 3.5. They are more like 4.2 seconds. They just can't get the grip to do times like that. AWD can thought.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yup....that would do it. As longs as the driver really knows what he is doing. It takes a lot of practice to harness the power of that car.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
put slicks on the viper and it will run it no prob, plus woodnutz knows EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT VIPERS AND MUSTANGS LISTEN TO HIM

1 - 20 of 32 Posts