Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would a T3 of a Vl turbo be very suited to a 89 626 turbo ???
i am after a bigger turbo that i can get 2nd hand easly
i am most likely going to be running a microtech mt-8L

and have a 2 1/2 inch zorst
what sort of power would i get on like 15 psi ??

G

·
i personally wouldn't go with the microtech - check out the post on aftermarket / wolf 3d

i know of 2 guys with microtechs on mx's - both are pissed with the result, and one is selling his for a haltech instead.

as for turbo - if ur setting 15psi as your limit - then a GT28 ball bearing from a skyline is only around $450 - just don't go about 15psi - the ceramics tend to break up. if u want more boost have the unit hi flowed.

just my 2 cents worth

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Turbo Upgrades

For starters, Skylines don't use GT28's, they use a standard small frame T28 which wouldn't be suited to making much power on our motors. Not at optimal efficiency anyway.

A T3 from a VL is actually a very good size for our motor. If you plot the figures on the compressor maps at 16psi on our motor, they are right in the meaty part of the effieciency band.

Another good match for our motor is the TD05H turbo from Galant VR4's or Early WRX's.

With the right mods this will put down 150-160kw ATW...
If you want less than that but more torque down low, go for a T28.

Pete

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
go the VL turbo ??

so if i got a VL t3 on 16 psi it is very suited to our engines ??
i can get a liberty turbo for 295 they are the same as a early WRX ???

would that be good ? or would the t3 be better ??
would the rex one bolt up ??

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Yep a T03 would be a very good match, as would a TD05H. I think the TD05 would be slightly better being a newer designed turbo.

None of these turbos would bolt on, they would all require either adapter plate or custom manifold.

The Liberty RS turbo is not the same as WRX, and is only slightly bigger than our standard one. It's the same turbo in fact, just different trim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts