Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about getting a vr tuner. any one know about if these actually work and/or feedback? what is the difference between the vr tuner and a eprom chip? can they be used together?

http://www.rpmtuners.com/vrtuner.html

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
811 Posts
I was the one who was assembling them but I no longer have time to make them. if you have specific questions you can e-mail James, he is going to continue making them. [email protected]

But anyway. Yes they work I have one in my car. I didn't design it Chadd the other VRTuner guy made the board and I was building them. Basically you get full adjustability of the VRIS. For instance you can set it so the VRIS work in the low RPM range but stay open in the high rpm range which would be ideal for nitrous. IMO it is better than an ECU because every manifold is going to have a tolerance. Plus adding phenos and other air mods will slightly change the VRIS points. With the TUner you can go to a dyno and tune it to the best possible points for your car. If you are real serious about tuning your car get the ZE ECU for the fuel and timing maps and the VRTuner to fine tune your VRIS points.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i thought the point of the vrtuner is to actually simulate the vris opening of the ze ecu? isnt the only function of the ze ecu is to have the right vris opening? i just sold my ze ecu/maf so that i can buy the vrtuner which is a lot cheaper than the ze ecu/maf. however, the car will be stock for winter so i wil buy it next spring.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
mysterextsi said:
i thought the point of the vrtuner is to actually simulate the vris opening of the ze ecu? isnt the only function of the ze ecu is to have the right vris opening? i just sold my ze ecu/maf so that i can buy the vrtuner which is a lot cheaper than the ze ecu/maf. however, the car will be stock for winter so i wil buy it next spring.
The VRIs points are proabably the biggest gain from the ZE ECu, but the fuel maps may be slightly different. Either way I can see big gains from this setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts