Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ended up at a light on Friars road by the mall and I was in front with a brand new VR6 next to me. I looked over and saw this guy and I new he wanted to get in front of me to get into my lane and turn into the mall. So I decide to let him work for it. The light goes and I get a perfect launch and I hear him squeal a little. At the end of first he was at my real bumper and then he would start to pull a little and then shift into second and I would jump to a half car length. He would start to pull at the end of the gear and then I shift into third and jump to a c/l. I shut down at 85 mph and then he got in behind me a gave me the thumbs up out his window. It was fun, to bad my car is running like crap right now or I would have been 4 c/l's ahead :eek: Later!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice, i was wondering what would win. My borhers got a 94 si prelude and him and all his friends bragg about how it would kill my car but hes just pissed my car is FASTERRRRR

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
mx6invader said:
Nice, i was wondering what would win. My borhers got a 94 si prelude and him and all his friends bragg about how it would kill my car but hes just pissed my car is FASTERRRRR

what does a prelude have to do with a vr6? my friend has a 95 jetta vr6 with chip/intake/exhaust and he beats me pretty easily from stops, at higher speeds its even or i can take him, but good kill

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
cheerios165 said:
what does a prelude have to do with a vr6? my friend has a 95 jetta vr6 with chip/intake/exhaust and he beats me pretty easily from stops, at higher speeds its even or i can take him, but good kill
Yeah, I wish my lude had a VR6 :rolleyes:
But since we are on the topic, VR6s are VERY torquey. It's low end should kill us. And really they aren't that bad top end either. A very nice engine if you don't care about heads warping.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah Idahosixer.. your 6 looks tight as hxll. :tup: Nice kill.

E.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I work at fashion valley, and it is was an open road ahaed for both of us around 2:00 in the afternoon, I don't take my car to qualcom because it runs like crap right now. But you know you can't flame Sick D when you are racing here on the busy freeways of SD. :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
NO I was saying he is mad that my car is faster than his, but then him and his friends say that a VR6 would beat my car

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think invader is lost, but Sick no hard feelings I know it is dangerous but we all make some bad decisions until we learn the consequences;) Later

·
Registered
294 Posts
actually :D my friend has a stage1 GTI vr6, 15 psi put him at a lil over 300hp and 360 something lbs, vr6 are beast, but to much money to maintain ( had one ) and the new 200hp vr6? you meen the 3.2? or the 2.8? 2.8 is like 174/177 and the 3.2 i think is 215, i know the r32 is 240 AWD :D anyways, if a vr6 has the money, they own us :( i was stock in my 3300lb passat and barely lost to a pgt with header/cai/exh, plus i had bad speed sensors haha :D i drive an mx6 now :p they are sexier

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
i raced a corrado vr6 but on a two lane road so i started behind him....he never pulled on me even though i had a bad start... i stopped and talked to him...he didn't have too much done to his engine but neither do i. i guess its hard to find parts for those engines as well.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts