Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , i have a Mazda 626 GT 4WS (Europe) with a FE3N engine....I want, that you helped me to define how many hp has my car 140 ,148 or 170 , and presence of VRIS on my car....
my car's pictures - Inbox Foto (foto.inbox.lv)

P.S. sorry for my bad english!

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
It has emission control systems, which tell it's 140ps.

You have VICS system in you car. VRIS is for Variable Resonance which can only be used in 3*n cylinder engines.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Well, if you go boost, the 140ps engine can be boosted a bit higher than 148 without internal modifications :)

·
Registered
7,692 Posts
Well, if you go boost, the 140ps engine can be boosted a bit higher than 148 without internal modifications :)
Only if it is low compression. If it is high compression and low power it has shltty cams and will just get hot and detonate trying to make more power.

·
Premium Member
2,003 Posts
Only if it is low compression. If it is high compression and low power it has shltty cams and will just get hot and detonate trying to make more power.
True if all variations of the FE-DOHC were considered. Euro models with emission control never came in high-comp though. All in the context....

Vladislav said:
and one more question , where is an EGR valve ?? mayby somebody have a photo ???
Just trace the steel tube running from the exhaust :) I remember it being a valve just like the other valves (VICS, FPR, charcoal canister purge) behind the engine. The three hoses on top of the throttle body are part of the system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts