Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Toyota Pick up

Votes: 3 33.3%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should i fix the Vw Vanagon and swap a Subaru motor or fix a Toyata pick up?

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
the vw will be a lot more fun. I assume your talking an old yota with a 22re? Its a pretty boring motor.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah its a 22re

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
the 22re just doesn't do it for me. Not many performance parts available. Not a ton of potential. Just a boring but reliable 4cyl.

The vw swap is more unique and I think it would be a lot more interesting

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah the vanagon is fun. On the vanagon dont know if i want to swap the Subaru 2.5 liter, 165 hp or Six-cylinder SVX 3.3 liter, 230 Hp.

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
I love the svx motor personally. A mtx swapped svx has always been one of those cars I'd love to own

·
Premium Member
10,652 Posts
vanagon. dirty hippies everywhere will worship you.

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im lucky my van is 5 speed because auto would be suck to swap one of those motors. I went to go check out the svx today they want 2500 for it and left a deposit :). Well i bought some other stuff to rebuilt the 22re motor so i should be done with that in a few days.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
Umm...how about the WRX swap instead of the SVX?

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah i was thinking the same but the motor cost 4g. I would need more money for that lol

·
Registered
737 Posts
fix yota please

you can't go wheeling in a vanagon, silly newb.

unless of course your toyota is a 2wd then don't bother. and you can pick up a 350 for cheap and get plenty of fun out of that swap. but again, only do it if it's 4wd.

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
fix yota please

you can't go wheeling in a vanagon, silly newb.

unless of course your toyota is a 2wd then don't bother. and you can pick up a 350 for cheap and get plenty of fun out of that swap. but again, only do it if it's 4wd.
You sure about that? Have you seen a Vanaroo before? :lol:

·
Registered
737 Posts
You sure about that? Have you seen a Vanaroo before? :lol:
ok fine, anything can go wheeling, to an extent. even a subaru justy. the question is which would do better and look better wheeling :p

i dare say not, the vanagon. just my personal opinion however ;)

not that any of those swaps aren't fun to do and play with after, because they are. my ex helped his brother swap a WRX into one of those, camper style ones. it hauled ass afterwards. :) still, you've got exploration potential with the yota.

and if you don't want it and 4wd then give it to me!!!! i'll fix the fucker :D

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
I'll stick with my cherokee or durango for offroading ;)

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got the truck for free and it is a 4wd but im going to make into a 2wd i just hate 4wd in the city.

·
Premium Member
11,480 Posts
what is wheeling, it sounds fun.

And dont say 4wheeling. :lol:

I voted yota build, only cause I have a soft spot for mini-trucks

·
Banned
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well i return all th stuff that i bought for the truck and sent the truck to the junk yard.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well i return all th stuff that i bought for the truck and sent the truck to the junk yard.
WTF douchenozzle!!!! what year was it? if it was an 80's model in decent condition i'm hunting you down next time i'm in LA and killing you.

those who send precious yota's to the junkyard should be shot.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts