Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am not sure what it is but it is a VW maybe a GTI or something like that, it goes to my school and it thinks it is phat but u know it is not compared to the 6, just asking if yall know much about them i am not sure of the name of it sorry maybe GTSIor something, it looks like a civic hatchback a little it has exhaust probly intake lowered but tell me what u know

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
they r in the new SCC mag. they have v6's in them i think it is a GTI if his thing on the back of his car is right owell

·
Registered
332 Posts
Some of those VW hatchbacks had supercharged 4s. Fast car!!! But most had the V6.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah he tried to get on it after shcool one day and i was right behind him, but then he got up 80 or so and there r alot a cops in that area i like to drive to i dont want a ticket hahah

·
Registered
379 Posts
If the car had a slanted, fastback-type roofline, then it was probably a Corrado, which had a supercharged 4. However, if it was a 3-door hatch, I'm willing to bet it was a GTi with the VR6. Watch out for those cars; they are said to be very strong, especially on the low end.

·
Registered
61 Posts
GTI VR6

the vr6 pumps out 174 horses. i guess from what everyone here thinks it is probably a GTI but the corrado's did also have the VR6's in some of them. they're probably faster considering aerodynamics and weight. their 0-60 is right around mx6 times. not sure about 1/4 mile

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well has anybody ever raced one on the street or seen a race at the track or heard of some one racing one, it does not matter what car

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i foun dout the other day he thinks it is the shit if u know what i mean, his little greeen ugly box, looking like a civic hatchback, but it is from germany( haha) but any way it has exhaust and i think intake but it is a v6 too he does not know i own a mx6 yet but he will soon, my buddy has a tang and that guy wanted to race it but my buddy dont race, but i know this other guy that would he has a tubo talon with some mad ass hp runs like 7's sec 1/8mile he will run it any time and leave the guys head at the starting blocks( haha) the guy with the VW talks mad shit but he will get it put back in his face soon, what chases do i have with intake and exhaust and mine is a atuo and his is a stick i dont think it would match up well with mine it woul dwin i think

·
Registered
379 Posts
You have none. VR6-powered Golfs can very nearly crack into the 6-second range in a 0-60 run (2400 pounds + 174 horsepower = FAST). I don't know how your friends will fare against it, but the GTI is still a quick M-Fer in its own right.

·
Registered
283 Posts
yeah bro I raced a black GTI they are really fast!!!!!!!1 no joke I have an auto 1993 mx6 v6 exhaust intake the fuill exhaust i kept up to him and you had to see his face but then all ofa sudden he got ahead, i dunno if the mx6 ould win maybe a stick, hook up a race, my friend in skool has a gti all hooked up everything he got on it he said he can go in the quater mile 112 mileas an hour at like 12 seconds sooooo watch out

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i willnot race him cause i am not in to racing to much but my friend is he will win i think he has a 17 psi turbo with some other stuff to on a talon

·
Registered
134 Posts
I raced one right after I bought my car. It was FAST!!! I kept up ok considering my clutch is all jacked up. It slips like hell, but he did beat me. When we finally stoped he was totally surprised that he didn't cream me. He was asking what I had done to it and what not... "Ha ha, nothing it's bone stock! I just got it a couple days ago!" Any way I have to give those cars their respect, they're fast. I do want to race another one now though.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the talon has a full exhaust all the way from the manifold back, pulleys, 17psi turbo, intake, some other stuff waht do yall think could he win vs. the WV

·
Registered
332 Posts
Talon

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
the Talon

Hell yeah that Talon would beat him. Pulleys, full exhaust, 17psi of turbo? That sucker probably flies!!

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
VR6's are quite fast. I dont have any experiences with the GTI in particular, but my friend had a '93 Passat GLX with an ATX. 0-60 it was quick for a mid-size sedan with ATX, but above 60mph it was a screaming ****ing animal. These cars are geared for high speeds and believe me you WILL NOT touch one with a stock or even lightly modded mx-6, hell if you're in a mustang you'll have trouble catching up to it. When I mean quick, I mean you're going over 120mph in very little time. Since the GTI is a lot smaller/ligher and a 5spd. I'd think twice before challenging one. Especially if it's got mods, the vr6 takes very well to mods.

I know we tend to make fun of other cars like hondas and stuff, but believe me, VW's are performance cars out of the box (where civics are NOT). I give VW's mad respect.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i told my buddy with the talon about him, he told me to tell him" just bring it", i mean the talon cuts heads off people with modded out tangs all day, the guy with the VW said i want to race a v6 i get tired of killing 4's, i was like well i know some one with a 4 he said tell him i said NO PROBLEM

·
Registered
135 Posts
gti... gti vr6

i test drove both the gti and the gti vr6 (1997 on both) and rode in a 2000 gti 1.8 turbo. heres my "report".

the normally aspirated 4 cylinder is quick... but only about even with my mx6 4 cylinder.

the vr6 is the fastest car i have ever driven. i don't know HOW this thing is as fast as it is, but i think it could beat many, many, MANY fast cars, probably a MX6 V6.

the 1.8t (i didnt drive it) seemed like its close to the VR6, but im only telling you this from my viewpoint in the passenger seat.

i go out on my "random test drive day" every month or so, its a good way to find out what the other guy's got :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.