Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the WALBRO 255 FUEL PUMP a little much for a naturally aspirated 4cyl?

I hope to do a turbo install (Sometime next year). Will a 190lph fuel pump be sufficient for N/A and FI?

I did a search, but there is not much info on this question.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Krazy6 said:
Is the WALBRO 255 FUEL PUMP a little much for a naturally aspirated 4cyl?

I hope to do a turbo install (Sometime next year). Will a 190lph fuel pump be sufficient for N/A and FI?

I did a search, but there is not much info on this question.
I remember doing some reading on PT where Howlett, I believe, came up with some flow numbers of the 190LPH vs. 255LPH vs 255LPH HP. The basic consensus seemed to be that the 190LPH actually outflows the 255LPH in soe circumstances. And of course the 255 will put a considerably higher taxing on the electrical and heat the fuel more among other things. It was enough to make me want to upgrade to the 190LPH over the 255LPH when I get around to it. Granted the 255LPH HP was superior.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I have decided to go with the 190lph. It seems that this should be sufficient for my needs at this time, and for what I plan on doing in the future.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yeah, the 190HP is an interesting new option. Not a huge difference, but the difference in flow above 80 psi makes it worth it for sure along with slightly higher flow rates across the board in general.

Walbro :tup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts