·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anything wrong with them, they dont look that bad

·
Registered
689 Posts
yeah, but make sure it's solid... a shifter can really change the feel of the car in a way. when i got my RRracing STS, I got a Razo black chrome ball that was REALLY heavy, making shifting feel really solid. A plastic shift knob will feel cheap... if they seem to be good quality (i dunno what shift knobs you're talking about) then make sure you can fasten it really tight, shouldn't move at all.

Oh and just something I just learned... you may want a leather one if you live somewhere cold. It was 17 degrees here last night, and my shift knob didn't get warm until i was at my destination 20 minutes away. MOMO makes some REALLY nice leather ones, cost the part tho.

Don't worry about in the summer if you get a metal one, it does get hot if you don't have tinted windows or its in sunlight for awhile... but just leave a towel or something over it whenever you get out.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
walmart .... that should be your first warning

but to each his own ... dish out the little extra for a good brand name at any shop or even .... pep boys

man i hate saying that

·
Registered
471 Posts
i think i saw the one your thinking of. it shure looks like real carbonfiber and im pretty certain it is it looks really nice too

·
Registered
965 Posts
You have to be careful with cheaper shiftknobs. Some of them have these cheap plastic things inside that strip out and the knob comes off. That could be dangerous if it slips off while driving. Just think, you could be racing and it slip off...ooo man :( Check out Ractive or Toucan shiftknobs. I have a Ractive shiftknob and I like it. Haven't had any problems with it. O and I had a pepboys shift knob once. Came with a boot too. I like the boot, but the knob slipped off...:E

·
Registered
801 Posts
ive bought a shifter before at walmart, it didnt stay on for long. dangerous it is, it fell off after a few days. luckily when it fell off on me, i had the stock knob in the glove compartment. :D

-dogg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts