Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

Want to put in new motor

89 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Aussomea 
#1 ·
Im pretty sure my engine is dead thats not the big deal had a nice amount of miles on it, already over that part. The question I had was how much should I be expecting to pay just to get another KL-03 put in, if i buy the engine myself. How much would the labor cost run? Anybody had to do this before know or have any idea? Thanks

#2 ·
Depending on what your funds are like, what you want to do with your car, and your mechanical skills, you might want to consider a KLZE. If you want to go faster and you need a new motor, what better time to upgrade. However, if you just want to keep your car on the road, and use it for whatever, then you could prolly find a KL03 far cheaper. As far as the swap i have no idea, call around, get some quotes from shops, or if you got some tools and skills do it yourself. There is a how to, for the KLZE swap and KL03 --> KL03 would be even easier. Anyway good luck with whatever route you choose.

-Bryce

#3 ·
it depends what shop u go to...... my mechanic ussually charges $900-$1200 for parts and labor, on a direct engine replacement. but he also ussually takes 1-3 months to finish the job. a normal shop maay charge up to $2-3000 and have it done in less than a week.

also y do u think you need a new engine? as long as its still turning over and not knocking, its got life in it })

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.