Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm after 1 factory alloy to replace my buckled spare, I'm not really willing to spend more than $50 in total, which would include postage and handling etc. if I bought it interstate, but I'd much rather buy from Melbourne if possible so I can inspect it first.

I'm after the series 2 alloy which is different from the series 1.
I don't need a tire, just the rim

I can't get the picture working but when I do I'll post it up here.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What's going on? So many people have factory alloys just sitting around, no one wants to sell them?

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
I have 4 and its a bulk deal. You want them, 100 plus freight....

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
You have been there before on this with other ppl.

When ppl buy mags, they usually only get 4 not worry about buying a new one to sit in the boot.

So thats why only four.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Buy mags? I'm talking about the factory alloys that came on the car when it was bought new, I thought they came standard. Forgive me if I'm wrong on this but if that's the case then everyone should have 5 original factory mags.

Are you telling me if you look in your boot you won't find a 5th factory alloy in there?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
If people buy aftermarket mags they buy 4 mag wheels, and leave their 5th "standard" mag as their spare wheel.

Hence the reason people are willing to sell 4 mag wheels, because they don't use their factory ones anymore on the car, but they aren't willing to sell the 5th spare mag, because they still use it to sit in their boot.

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
Thx Pete, and my 4 original ones are now sold....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yeah I get it now!

Still who on earth would need to buy 4 original factory rims? If you damage all 4 rims chances are your car has been written off. Most people who would want to buy orginals would only want 1, cause they have damaged 1. So some poor guy (like me) has to buy all four off someone to replace the 1 damaged one. I'm obviously not talking to you cam22t cause you've sold yours, but someone must be willing to sell them seperately.

Cam22t you sold them for $25 each, I'm willing to pay $50 for one, so that's double the price, I think that's worth selling them seperately.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
I'll sell you all 4 of mine for $50. Too bad the postage will cost you a fortune from Brisbane. Plus I wouldn't even know how to send them. They are the swirly mags...

Tripharn

·
Premium Member
4,334 Posts
At the end of the day, i wanted them out of the house. Easier to sell a set of four than it its to sell 3. I put that price on them that i new they would move for.

The only place you are likely to find a odd set, is at a wreckers.

6 months ago i had 8 off these rims and i gave away 3 of them.

Plus my original set was the white 4ws ones, not a good look on a all white car. So about 4 years ago, i bought the non 4ws ones from a wrecker for about 250 for a set of 4.

One wheel is hard to get. Wrecker is your option.....

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tripharn that is an absolutely awesome offer, thank you so much, but unfortunately I don't have the swirly mags! Mine kinda look like a star.

Here is a pic of someone else's car, my rims look like these ones, except that they have been painted black.

http://vtwireless.com/mx6/

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quickmaz I don't know if you got my PM or not, but how much would you be willing to sell me all 4 rims for?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts