Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 626 owners have been ignored too long.
Probetalk doesn't have a 626 forum and probably never will.

I know we can't flood the board with a forum for every little interest, but I think this would be a worthwhile addition. (And I don't even own a 626.)

·
JDM Conversion
522 Posts
That's actually a cool idea. After all, the 626 is essentially a four door MX6 is it not?

bj

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Cool with me. I havent done anything to promote this site as a 626 site though. It will probably take some time before we see many 626 people...

If anyone has suggestions as to how to intigrate 626 with the rest of the site, then please post them.

Thx,
Scooby

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well for the most part the Board is already ste up to be a 626 friendly board. Just maybe take the "MX6" out from in front of "MX6 Pic Post." As for the rest of the site, it would be possible to make it 626 friendly as well, but it would require a little more work adding 626 to the graphics that say MX6. And maybe some rewording here and there. I would say we could register the 626.com or mazda626.com domain names, but they seem to be taken...I didn't look into .net names. Anyway, just some things to think about.

·
Premium Member
3,962 Posts
I'm a 626 owner, and I really dont see the need for separate forums. All the posts about mx-6's apply to 626's and vice versa, maybe with the exception on posts regarding rear doors, but how often does that come up. I think it'll clutter things up and make looking for info more difficult. But hey, that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I think I agree with anarchyx34. If the 626 is similar enough to the MX6 then adding separate forums will do little but separate similar information. I think what I can do is add a tag line to MX6.com indicating that 626 and Ford Probe owners are welcome...

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know from reading Probetalk forums that similar information can get spread out. What I was thinking about was a forum where 626 owners could share info on more than just the rear doors (like the whole body and interior), but it would be for info unique to the 626. Whether or not info common to the other cars fills up the forum, really depends on the people using that forum.

Whatever you guys want to do is cool. It was just an idea that I thought I would throw out there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts