Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i'm in the market for a decent sized cooler.

if anybody has one or knows somebody with one for sale, let me know!..

i really want the inlet/outlet to be on the same side so that i can use my existing intake pipes.

also, if anybody knows of other cars that have factory coolers with the inlet/outlet on the same side, can you let me know? cheers.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i hear you dude, i tried to install a GTR intercooler with the pipes on either side....big mistake...do fit something like this you need to cut the body, then you have to remove the airconditioning...

So i went out and bought a huge cooler that has the inlets on the same side....

I can get these coolers....depends on what you budget is..

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
supra?.. i thought they were on either side?.. i'll check robbo's pics again.. from memory, the supra ones are quite tall, i was looking for something long but not too tall.

say 700mm by 300mm by 50mm or something along those lines.

jules, as for budget, it all depends on what im getting.. i dont wanna spend more than say 600 for the cooler alone..

if you've got something cheap and worthwhile, let me know. one of my close mates is driving up to sydney for new years, he can pick it up for me.

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
Man, if you have $600 to spend... look at the US ebay site. Brand new and postage to Aussie for around that amount.

Tripharn

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'll go out and check my cooler tomorrow... that'll tell you how the Supra coolers are laid out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hey mate

Their are 2 supra cooler's one has a end tank on each side and their is also a rarer larger one which is my one which has them on both sides its a preety easy fit and can be made to fit stock intercooler pipes quite easily.
If you wants pics or any help im happy to help ya

Mine cost $200 but that was a HOOk up og a mate they sell for about $350 the bigger ones in good condition but they are a awesome cooler and a very cheap upgrade for our cars with great gains.

Robbo :p

·
Registered
287 Posts
Mine is for sale mate :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts