Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine stopped working yesterday (driver +passanger windows!!). If you have any speares or been to a breakers lately..please help me check and send a PM Ta...:help:

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
It's unusual for both to stop working at the same time.

Driver's one is usually the one that goes - if you operate the passenger window from the switch on the passenger side, does it work? If not, I would suggest a power/fuse/electrical problem, rather than the switch.

Just my opinion.

By the way, welcome to the board mate.

Graeme

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
I suspect a power problem too... although there is a "main" switch which cuts all power, I doubt this is faulty, as they are never used much..

Just disregard the rear windows... the rest is identical to the MX-6...

John

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Electric window switch

It mya be just a loose connection - try remaking the various connections within the door and see if it starts working.

IIRC the power feed for the passenger window goes via the driver's side switch so if you had a problem with the main feed it would stop both windows from working.

ifc

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Oh.. and as nobody has mentioned it... don't forget to check the fuse first })

John

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
If either connector is loose then both windows will stop, so you'd need to check conections on both doors.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advice about checking.

I checked last night and observed there is no dedicated fuse to the power windows only-so I ruled out the 30A fuse.

Could it be a wiring problem?

My six is giving me niggling problems and I'm runnung out of time and cash. dread having to call mazda.....

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
There should be a fuse in the interior fusebox... marked "Power Window"

Bottom row, 2nd from right.

John

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks- I'll check this out over the weekend. Its about time I sort this out to be able to make it thru the :sigh: mcDonalds drive-thru. The other day I had to open the driver's door and clattered the door into a wall. Luckily no damage done yet!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked the power windows fuse over the weekend...it was a 15A fuse and it was OK. So its the switch that's gone...Mazda are quoting £70+ for a replacement so I've been checking on the how ...to.. to repair these. thanks

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I found a way to get the drivers side to work. I followed the advice on this forum by Odin. Unfortunately the passanger side didnt work. So' I'm still searching.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts