Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok today i we went down a limstone road but it was all hard and smooth coming back there was a EA Ford Falcon EA (australian 6cyl family sedan) doing snakeys... so i thought why not my tyres are stuffed no one in ages except the EA in front of me. So i gather the courage my mate want me to do it so up with the hand brake dialed up 5,000rpm droped the clutch and pulled a 350meter burnout at the end i was at 6,200rpm past redline but the motor was pulling strong like hell im sure it could of kept going and going..

Went to have a look at it and i was F**ken impressed ! not a ***** peglegger but a twin mark solid black mark ! there was smoke but i was too busy looking at my tacho

So next thing do do is too get a digital camera and get some pics of this 350meter skid.

So yep thats just short of a 1/4 mile :)

Not bad for a 1984 Stocker ?

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also i might add that my friend was dead sure that i was about to blow a tyre :)

"Man thats enough your going to blow a tyre soon"
"Man i said thats enough"
"Im not pushing"

:)

·
Registered
642 Posts
i heard/and experienced that if a transaxle diff begins to hook up with both tyres, then the box is on the way out. thats what happened with mine, then a month later the diff jumped out of the casing. same this has happened with my other mates tx5 turbo. i also think it is the same for rwd. once a single spinner hooks up lsd, then its almost dead.

·
Registered
793 Posts
you sure it wasnt your back weels dragging, just kidding
ive blown a diff in the old 84, some metal was poking thru the inside of the clutch housing
i was doing a u turn with severe trans axle bounce

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen ;)

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yep i know pics will help :)

what happens on normal road i take off hard it spins 2 then one.

so i think given the surface being really slippery and my 84hp :D

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
It's more Fun in reverse Wrong side of the road, with your head out of the Sunroof?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts