Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

i know that some combinations of dashboard warning lights tend to indicate an individual fault etc. what would battery warning light, abs light and lamp failure light mean when all are displayed together?

Mike
(not having much luck with cars at the moment)

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hmmm does it mean get a new car :)? I havent got a clue mate soz to be no help to ya, seems your having as much fun with your moter as iam having with mine :(

Stu

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
At a guess I'd say your battery's not charging, your brakes are shot and all your bulbs have blown... :p :p

Dunno, but when I get home I'll have a look in the Owners Manual to see if it's mentioned.

Ken

·
Registered
359 Posts
At a guess I'd say your battery's not charging, your brakes are shot and all your bulbs have blown
Only Ken could make you feel so much better! @- @- @-

·
Registered
31 Posts
In any Car I would think that means your alternator is going mate, which doesn’t charge your battery and doesn’t supply car with enough electric power.

Does your car feel like its loosing power or have trouble starting?

It could also be a short in the dashboard.

As a Mazda manual would say "Seek your nearest Mazda Garage" :cool: :D

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I Agree with the Matirx - Its most likley a short.

However logically it should be easy.

1) Check ALL your lights - Brakes, etc

2) Check your brake fluid level - This is what triggers the brake light warning light.

If both of the above are ok its probably a short so dont panic about getting a new alternator :)

Could be wrong of course but 3 warning lights at once is quite rare to say the least !

Regards

G

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Nott all the lights are connected to the CPU, so I would disregard that item..
Also unlikely to be all the faults occuring at the same time...

leaving a fault in the dash panel.. short or a poor earth being the most likely.

John

·
Banned
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
errr thanks i think guys(grin), ken especially.

when i had the pulley done, the guy checked that the battery was getting a charge and it was indeed. funny thing about these lights, normally, if the alternator is going, or as far as i know, if u rev the engine they tend to dim or go out, but the reverse is true here, if they are flickering, and i rev the engine, they brighten??

i am hoping its just a short somewhere, currently, if u turn the fans on or the wipers, there is no lack of performance, which a lack of charge would show i think.

bloody cars, i luv it but its a pain sometimes.

oh, brake fluid is topped up to the max so not that affecting the abs light as far as i know.

Mike

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
What did Ken Say !! Did i miss something !!!

If your fluid is topped up and the lights still on then it has to be a short !

Most likley an iffy ground

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Sorry Mike, I'm afraid it's bad news mate. :E

I've been through the Owners Manual and Haynes and can find no reference to a fault that would be indicated by those three lights showing.

Looks like you've got a dodgy connection in the dash after all...

Ken :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
@- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @- @-

James:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts