Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, got new Brakes and pads (EBC Turbo Groove Discs & Greenstuff Pads) for the MX6 and the warning light stopped coming on for about a day! Now its coming on everytime I brake and its annoying the hell out of me, can any of you guys shed some light on this (pardon the pun)

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Hi Kimberley, you just need to check the brake fluid level... it will be lowish.. just top it up and you'll be fine.

John

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, will get it looked at

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks, will get it looked at
hehehe

that is my style of ownership as well, first sign of trouble and I very politely and courteously request that Mike checks the car out and if he feels like it he does <sigh>

pam

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup, thats the best type @- of ownership, and will probably get done when Marc feels like it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Well

Have to say it's nice to see some of the lady owners of these cars posting more on the site :).

Shame about there poor partners though :) feel for you Mike , Marc, glad my other half don't have a car, i have enough bother when i am told to get the hoovering done :eek: :eek:

Andy

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL

ok, Marc says the fluid level is fine and that I seem to have a dodgy sensor. }) So where does one buy one of them things :confused:

Kim

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Kimbelle, the fluid in the MX6 needs to be better than just 'fine'. Top it up so the level is very slightly over the full mark and then check the light again. It's a common problem.

Ken

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Kimberly

If you are talking about the sensor in the cap, see if Marc can find one from another car, some of these sensors are interchangable, maybe get one from a 626 lots of them around.

Andy

·
Registered
300 Posts
Kimberley

Just want to add to Andy's post, you must send Marc to a scrappy to look for another 626 or MX6 - now don't let the man go walk around in the street and take the sensor from the first 626 he sees - don't thinks thats going to be nice and I am sure the owner will hate him for.:) :) :) :) :) :)

William

1 - 10 of 10 Posts