Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey All...i washed my car yesterday and have obviously got water in the oil, i've done it once before so I know that's what it is...anyway, I had a buddy change the oil today and he put in the very best...however, it's STILL not working. I mean, it revs SO high...and i'm Not getting any speed...and also, it sounds like a VW and seems like it's gonna stall in 1st and 2nd gears. I pulled out the spark plugs and there are water deposits on them! What do I do know????
Thanks!

Stay Free............

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey i did the samething and its going to cost some money to fix the problem . i have the exacte same problem as you did.
Well you know if the spark plug wires have water on them then you should replace them and have the plugs changed to also you should take it to a mechanic and see if he can clean out some of the water in where the plugs go. So far get new plugs and wires. If its real bad and there is alot of water and after changing the plugs then you might need to replace vavle cover gasket or Head Gasket( which is a wallet breaker and cost alot) so hope its not that. But you should first look into replacing the wires and plugs. If all else fails then take it to the dealer and have them find the problem ( which will cost about 40$ to find the problem) then go from there..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also get it fixed as soon as possible and dont run the engine try to keep from driving it like that. It could cause a leak in the gaskets. also you might want to check with a mechanic or dealer and see if gaskets are broken. You will problay will need to replace the intake mainifold gasket and valve cover gasket. Well hope your car turns out good hoped this helped.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gee's...trying to scare me or wha? hehe..anyway, I called the dealership and did what they did last time. Changed the oil, and have taken out the spark plug cables. I'm supposed to leave it open for the night. See, the water settles to the top, and will evaporate! Not much at all got in there. Just a tiny tiny bit. but, it still makes the car run like s-hit. Any other suggestions however?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh.....if the Gaskets or any of that stuff does need to get fixed......the warrenty will cover it! Yeah...Alrighty, lemme know if there's anything else I should know!

G

·
Just wondering how you got water in the oil from washing the car?? If you washed the engine bay then its likely you may have gotten water in the TPS sensor, which you will need to dry out, or perhaps another part of the electronics. The only time I've heard of water getting in with the oil is from a blown headgasket where coolant leaks thru.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know what, I'm a retard,

hey, i talked to Jorge and he explained to me that it's nearly impossible for it to be the oil. I checked the oil, it's good. However, water got into where the spark plugs go. I'll pull the wire out, and there water on the bottom, and on the shaft of the spark plug wire. ANYWAY, if i drive and turn off the car, there be water on it so, i dry it off...and repeat. I REALLY need to take the spark plugs out however, I think i should change them! I mean, there's only one spark plug "Hole" in which water is still in it...and when i unplug it, and start the car, it sounds like it does when it's in but wet! (hope that makes sense) So, i'm going to call up a buddy of mine and use his spark plug remover. I have one, but it's not long enough! Anyway, thanks for the help. I'm slowly learning more and more about cars everyday! Any other suggestions on what i should do next? Do you know if a K&N filter will make that much difference or Any at all on my stock 4-banger air intake??? Thanks dudes, i'll keep you posted. I've unplugged all the wires and hopefully the water will keep evaporating! It runs better and better everytime i dry off the excess water! I need new plugs however because water should not get in there in the first place! Any recommendations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts