Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well maybe this has already been talked about but I cant find it anywhere.

My car wont start whenever it rains, not for at least one day after ethire. I did the water pump and had the distributor cap off not too long ago... maybe the problem is there, the seal seemed ok though. The problems started after I did the pump.
I had the car into the dealer ship and had it tuned a few days ago. I would put money on moisture in the wire's somewhere, it turns over strong and it gets gas because I can smell it, but it just wont start. Anyone got any ideas as to where I should start?

She's a fare weather car for sure!

thanks
Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,602 Posts
Possibly, but its one of those questions that could have numerous possibilities.. }) ..

Well lets start with .. when this happens, have you pulled the lead off one of the plugs, attached it to another spare and checked for spark ? Then there's.. do you have a CEL light on or if no cel light is available, have you checked for codes ? .. have you removed the Dizzy cap again since and checked for moisture inside, best done when its playing up,

Plenty of options....

Oddy.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok just got brand new plug wires put in by the dealer. the CEL light is not on (I do have one) but its not on... Dizzy cap, where's that at... lol sorry! hahaha not a clue... like honestly if I wait for a day to dry up, it will start like a dream.

Thanks for at least trying I mean it... got any more ideas?!?!

Jeff

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
it may be battery related. when my positive post was cracked, my car acted really funny when trying to start it. when it rained it got worse for some reason. i also had a 'lake' of liquid on top of the battery. not sure if it was condensation or battery acid. you may want to check your battery connections. cold and wet weather can do peculiar things to cars.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok I got out my volt meter and checked out the battery it seems ok. I took off the Distributor cap and took it inside and put a hair dryer to it... it didnt seem damp in the first place but I thought I would try it anyway. Re-installed it but still no luck. Uggg..Err Jeff angrey!! lol I'm outta Idea's... guess the next step is turn on to ACC and start meter'in around see what I can find.- Got any more idea's guys?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Your timing could be slightly off on the ditstributor. Double check that. Not sure why it would get worse when it's raining, but you never know.

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
18,203 Posts
i've got an idea....maybe a leaky windshield gasket and the collection of water is gathering in a place that is creating a ground loop or short somewhere where there are exposed wires or something? :shrug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts