Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lil problem .... i seem to be leakin coolant from the passanger side where water pump is.... i noticable amount, and i can smell the sweet anifreeze smell.... now my coolant level is still looking good according to the lil dipstick in the resivoir, And my car has not been overheating, gauge is staying in the good position, no noticiable perfermance loss.. nothing other than my observations outside of the car... i still think it is the waterpump, but ive read dozens of post and i know that it's going to be an expensive fix... So im kinda trying to fool my self by hoping its another problem like a hose or something!!!, i poured water in the the hose on the passanger side that has a cap on it.. and that water immediatly drain out, however the hoses going in to the radiator are getting hot, so i know coolant has to be flowing, ,, my concern is i drive like a 1 mile a day to and from work... would i be safe to drive this little much till i can get it fixed, cause according to my gauge nothing is getting hot...

Can the waterpump be bad w/o temperature gauge getting hot!!!any suggestions from you experienced guys!!!

o, and lastly... i didnt have the first problem, untill my last oil change, where they filled up the anti-freeze... they only poured a little in there (I didnt know i was low), maybe 1/3 of gallon... and since that day i have noticed the leak ...

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Carry a bottle of water/coolant with you on long drives until you get the water pump replaced. It's a common problem and should be changed when the timing belt is changed.

Your water pump is still running but leaking at the same time. Unless you don't refill your coolant the car will overheat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts