Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I own a Eunos 30x and also a MX-6 - recently been driving the MX-6 in the rainy weather but I can hear water noises from my door! Feels heavy too.

I think somehow water must be getting into it. Is there an easy way to drain it out or something lol?

·
Registered
319 Posts
My car does that, too.

I think it must drain out slowly....or actually, I think it drains fastest when I have the front elevated a foot or so.

If there's no port down on the bottom of the door, maybe once could drill a small hole but don't follow that advice till someone else confirms it.
;)

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
All cars, AFAIK, have drains built into the bottoms of their doors. Use a small-diameter rod or screwdriver to ensure they're clear to let the doors drain. Blocked drains are about the number one reason why door bottoms rust away...

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
lol mine pisses right out the rust hole in the bottom of the door as soon as I open it and usually gets my foot soaked because I forget about it :p

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
don't bother drilling holes...that will just speed up the corrosion

the drains are right by the door seal at the bottom. get underneath there and clean them out and it will drain fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts