Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually I didn't but it's an interesting example of a Mustang owner.

I was entering a 2 lane on-ramp to the Interstate and I guess this guy heard or saw my shiny new exhaust system. This black Saleen (or at least it had the bodykit, wheels, and windsheild banner) takes off about 1/4 mile back and come flying up my ass. I passed a minivan and he pulls over beside of me. I look over and it's a young guy, looks maybe college age, probably taking his daddy's new Saleen out for a spin. So he steps on it and I'm not biting, cuz why humiliate myself right? This guy keeps slowing down and looking over his shoulder at me like he expects me to give chase. He then starts driving all crazy and cuts off this pickup on the 1 lane connection to the main Interstate. Anyways he takes off again, but once we get on the Interstate and he's about 2 miles ahead of me he starts going the speed limit. I'm going 75 so I eventually catch up to him. I get along side of him again and he matches noses with me, so I decide to mess with him a little bit and really slowly increase my speed. Two minutes later we're going about 95 and he suddenly realizes what's up, and takes off again for around 2 miles. So low-and-behold we get off on the same exit. I get near his quarter panel and he starts looking over his shoulder at me again. Fortunately I turn off soon after that.

So what was wrong with this guy? Did he think I was driving an RX7, or figured the sweet sounds from my exhaust were coming from major hp production, or was he just an ass?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I agree... just a plain moron trying to start Shi*t... however i noticed exhausts do attract a lot of attention... recently i got pulled over for mines being too loud... ahh well.. i juss wanna see what that guy does when hes nose to nose with a corvette Z06 with a lindenburnger twin turbo (or was it supercharger) under the hood... OUCH!!!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
i know what you mean!!!

I recently had a Trans-am GR2 (or whatever it's called...top of the line you know) try and race me! Not only did he have bigger than stock tires on it, it sounded like it was on crack! REAL GOOD CRACK!!! I think he had a jet engine under there i sware. SO of course at the light I'm looking at it b/c I thought it looked and sounded sweet. I guess he thought I was sizing him up...I don't know. He starts to rev his engine so I rolled down my window laughing. I told him there was no way I was racing him. He started calling me chicken. I laughed and told him I'm not chicken, I'm intelligent. Light turns green and he takes off like a bat out of hell. Almost hit my car spinning his tires. GEEZ! All brawn, no brains!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ya that's the one...sorry but I'm a college kid in an engineering program and right now it's test time!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts