Mazda MX-6 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Weapon R is known to have real shitty quality. Their Circuit Pro coilovers are supposed to be good, but their other stuff sucks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i got the weapon r on my 6

ive got it on mine and it doesnt suck at all
i love the thing this dude doesnt know what he is talking about obviously get it bro it sounds mint not farty at all nice and deep and u even get a lil hp out of it

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with willmx6, weapon R would absolutely not be my first choice for exhaust. Pretty much Borla and Greddy are the only exhaust companies that will actually give you reliable performance increases. First of all, Weapon R and Pacesetter are not known for their overall quality and life. I didn't even know that weapon R made exhausts, but knowing what I know about their cold air intakes I wouldn't get one. Pacesetter has a very sketch reputation all around. Go with Borla or Greddy. I personally like Borla stuff more but it's only preference between these two, they give about the same performance boosts but have different sounds.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hey Coldnoodle,

Just curious why you suggested those mufflers? Have you heard them on a mx6?

·
Registered
830 Posts
My Greddy Muffler has a hole in it(freak accident...) Anyway, I replace the muffler part with the Apexi Dunk, and it sounds real nice. A little louder than the trust, but still have that deep tone to it. As for HKS dragger, I have never heard it on MX6; but contact riceater, he has it on his car. I like the way those mufflers are constructed, really nice workmanship. And it doesn't cost too much (around $170~200)

[Edited by coldnoodle on 02-09-2001 at 09:50 PM]

·
Registered
932 Posts
Isn't the dunk a little tamer then the N1? I was thinking of going a dual N1 setup. What do you think?\

·
Registered
148 Posts
Apex'i all the way

I have a custom 3" exhaust all the way back from the stock headers... I know, I know, the headers will be replaced when I get the turbo installed. I love the N1 apexi has, coupled with everything else on my system it sounds wonderful and performs awesome. It's loud but deep and aggressive, especially when you slam the gas... not like a bumble bee system... I need to make a recording or video so you guys can see/hear what I'm talking about... only if I had the equipment..

[Edited by Gene/=/Splicer on 02-27-2001 at 05:40 PM]

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Re: Apex'i all the way

Gene/=/Splicer said:
I have a custom 3" exhaust all the way back from the stock headers... I know, I know, the headers will be replaced when I get the turbo installed. I love the N1 apexi has, coupled with everything else on my system it sounds wonderful and performs awesome. It's loud but deep and aggressive, especially when you slam the gas... not like a bumble bee system... I need to make a recording or video so you guys can see/hear what I'm talking about... only if I had the equipment..

[Edited by Gene/=/Splicer on 02-27-2001 at 05:40 PM]
where about can i get one man, i might be able to get a weapon r from my budy for a good deal. so i dont know yet. thanks for the info. later. how woudl they soudn with the stock pipe???

·
Registered
148 Posts
well I bought my 3" catco cat and 3" N-1 seperately along with 2 90 degree mandrel bent tubes from racesearch.com and I then found someone to put the system together who had the capability of benting 3" piping (some needed over the rear wheel). In total I paid about $525 for everything installed. Better than any premade cat-back out there! Maybe.... As far as the stock pipe the tone would be higher pitched... might approach bumble bee status... ?? I've never heard one on a stock stsyem yet...

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
You just dug up a 3 year old thread:)

My opinion.....the best exhaust is a quiet exhaust. I think I'm getting old haha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts