Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone come up with a solution to fix the weather stripping on the windows and keep it from leaking?(besides going to the mazda dealership) I know this is a problem for mx6's and I'm just curious since mine is starting to let in water and air.

·
Registered
142 Posts
damn frameless windows

I have the exact same problem w/ mine---both doors!!! I got a quote from Mazda at $140 per weather-strip + 1hr labour...forget that!!!!!!

I'm thinking of trying Crazy Glue but don't know if it works on rubber...anyone know?

·
Registered
212 Posts
If you go to http://www.SEMA.NET (I might be wrong about the NET part) they have all sorts of companies that offer aftermarket weatherstripping at good prices. I'm sorry I can't offer any names in particular, I wasn't shopping for that when I was going through their site. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
hello...

So is the 'black plastic over-hang' part of the stripping to? I know mine leaks a little but its mostly because that lip is chipped off, probably from scrapping off the ice in winter. Anyways, is it all one thing to replace?
Cya.
Claeren.

·
Registered
193 Posts
no crazy glue

crazy glue will not work if it's the soft rubber that comes in contact with the glass.I tried a similar thing on another car once and it just kept peeling a new layer of rubber when it separated again.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Try this:
1. clean the strip
2. roll down the window a bit and masking tape the edge
3. roll up the window, then use silicon sealers(not too much, use just enough)to fill in the cracks, and problem areas.[use clear or black sealer]
4. wait till the sealer harden, then remove the tape from the window.(must wait for the sealer to harden, otherwise you will have a big mess)

Never had to do it on my car, so I don't really if it really works or not. But I have heard others who did it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the same problem...both windows...The pass. side can be fixed by rolling the window down a couple inches then rolling it back up... The drivers side, I think needs replacing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts