Mazda MX-6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car starts and runs fine. 4-banger atx '94.

but 2/10 times when accelerating normally (worse when flooring it) the rpms go low and the engine gets really quiet. It will kick back in in a few seconds, and sooner if you let back and start again slower.

I was told by Mazda Dealer that ran an engine light code that I had a cracked cap/seal (i dont remember exactly) and that it is leaking pressure when I accel.
he said not a big deal, wouldnt ruin the car $130 for the part plus 2 hrs labor. He said if you accel faster it would lose the pressure quicker and take a few secs to kick back in.

So it kinda sounds like this may be the source for the problem, but by searching here I cant find any other similar posts.

Any ideas? The car is for sale, but this may hurt my offers so Im not sure if i should fix it or not....

thanks- ij

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update

I popped the hood, checked (visually) the intake- found no leaks, at least not yet. rev'd it a bit with the hood up, and I was wrong yesterday...

It does make a sound. A very quiet, but noticible sputtering noise when the delay is in action. I can still hear the engine rev'ing during the delay.

Does give anyone any ideas wtf is going on?

Car drives better when its warm, and if I use the "manual" button to shift myself it seems to work better. Still delays in manual, but it seems to me its easier to avoid a straight up delayed acceleration from a dead standstill.

man i am so tired.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts